By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo to show 3DS XL at E3

Conegamer said:
Good try there. Better than some...but just...no.

He has crushed some dreams... well... Ryan's dreams. So I guess his attempt at an April Fools joke is neither a fail or a win.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
VGKing said:
....I wish some companies would make shocking announcements on April Fools then everyone would think its fake lol but it would actually be real!

+1 for this :D. it would be so funny seeing everyone say its only a prank then to see it turn out to be real xD.

Didn't Nintendo announce the Xenoblade localization this date last year? I know I thought it was a 'fools'

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

mikecm87 said:

Why Nintendo!? Why wouldn't you make a 3ds lite first!?

Because making the 3DS smaller is pointless? People need to stop talking about 3DS Lite cause it is never happening. 3DS XL on the other hand will happen someday

Twas a good tease twas! I would love that to be true!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

*sigh*

Around the Network

If only this 3DS XL came in Orange, then I would have believe it. But pink... hmm, maybe if it was fuchsia :)

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

I didn't fell for that one, anything that looks very good, it's usually too good to be true.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I dont think a 3DS lite would come hmm anytime soon, because 3DS itself is almost as small as DS lite, and I don't want a 3DS XL just yet, for now i'll be fine with just a redesign slitghly bigger than 3DS, like DS lite > DSi, and with 2nd circle pad, 3DS lower screen scratchs on upper screen removed, better battery life, and maybe new features, better cams dun know, but that redesign should come only next year, since they will start making money from the current model only in the 3rd period of fiscal year in September, and to release a redesign with that features they would need to price it at 199 with no profit, so i think we only will see a redesign next year. also Iwata said in last investors meeting in January that the decisive year that will mark the future of 3ds will be 2013, remember how DS lite was the first peak year on DS family lifecicle, expect that model and the other main bigger Nintendo titles yet to release appear in that year, zelda, kirby, metroid, pokemon main series (game freak), redesign model (i doubt it is XL, it will be for later due to what high cost it would mean now, and a 3ds lite is unlike because 3DS is already to small, it'll be a 3DS"i" like with maybe such features that i've mentioned), and ofcorse the casual games attack to.

the fun in April fools is when they announce something that seems fake but turns out to be true otherwise its a boring day.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(