By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Hunger games should have had an R rating

Should There have been an R version of Hunger Games?

Yes they should have pg-13 and R 12 25.00%

yes there should only be an R version 26 54.17%

No there was enough violence in the film 10 20.83%

Total:48

Just to get it out of the way I never read the books and don't plan to.

I think Hunger Games needed an R rating to keep up with the brutality of the games. From the trailers I assumed there would be longer more vided scenes of the children being killed so you could dwell on the scenes and it would have a bigger impact on how sick the games were. When they showed the victor from the previous year becoming the victor I really felt appalled by that but then all that dissappears until the end with Cato. All the violence at the start of the games was too quick and the shaky cam made it too disorienting aswell.

I think there should have been two versions of this movie a rated R versions as well as a PG-13 version. Most of the people I saw in the theater watching the movie was well over 17 anyway. So I doubt it would have taken away from sales. They also could have made the R rated version longer and focus more on Peeta and Rue since I didn't think they were developed enough. Since adults can sit still longer then 12 year olds during a movie I doubt they would have mind if the movie was 20-30 mins longer.

I hope there's like an extended unrated director's cut of the blu-ray cause I'd get that in a heartbeat. Anyone feel the same way.

Around the Network
pokeclaudel said:

Just to get it out of the way I never read the books and don't plan to.

I think Hunger Games needed an R rating to keep up with the brutality of the games. From the trailers I assumed there would be longer more vided scenes of the children being killed so you could dwell on the scenes and it would have a bigger impact on how sick the games were. When they showed the victor from the previous year becoming the victor I really felt appalled by theat but then all that dissappears until the end with Cato. All the violence at the start of the games was too quick and the shaky cam made it too disorienting aswell.

I think their should have been two versions of this movie a rated R versions as well as a PG-13 version. Most of the people I saw in the theater watching the movie was well over 17 anyway. So I doubt it would have taken away from sales. They also could have made the R rated version longer and focus more on Peeta and Rue since I didn't think they were developed enough. Since adults can sit still longer then 12 year olds during a movie I doubt they would have mind if the movie was 20-30 mins longer.

I hope there's like an extended unrated director's cut of the blu-ray cause I'd get that in a heartbeat. Anyone feel the same way.

lol, just watch battle royale.

Or if you're really into gore, "suicide club"

theprof00 said:
pokeclaudel said:

lol, just watch battle royale.

I did watch Battle Roayle. I don't watch a lot of Japanese movies but the acting in that movie was terrible and over the top. I couldn't get that feeling of sadness when they died because all the characters. I never felt a loss for anyone except maybe the suicide victims.

Jeez you're really picky, you know that?

Around the Network

Hunger Games was lame. I went into this movie thinking Kobayashi was going to be eating Hotdogs...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Yeah the guy using the sword in the trailer, wasn't even showed in the games. I feel as though the producers are taking the Harry Potter route by developing unnecessary love sequence. In the book Kat told Peeta that the love scene was just an act, however in the movie she didn't say that.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

In regards to Battle Royale's acting, that's how a lot of Japanese movies are in general. Just saw Ju-On the Grudge the other day. Everyone kept falling over and crawling on all fours whenever they saw anything frightening. I couldn't handle the mediocrity.

Hunger Games was okay. Clearly directed for a younger audience, just like how the books are. An R rating would have kept out, oh I dunno, arguably 90% of the fanbase from viewing it.

Moonhero said:
Hunger Games was lame. I went into this movie thinking Kobayashi was going to be eating Hotdogs...

lol good one.

SnakeDrake said:
Yeah the guy using the sword in the trailer, wasn't even showed in the games. I feel as though the producers are taking the Harry Potter route by developing unnecessary love sequence. In the book Kat told Peeta that the love scene was just an act, however in the movie she didn't say that.

I kinda got the feeling she was acting since she only kissed Peeta after the drunk guy told her she needed to kiss him better. Also at the end when he told her to play up the love angle again. And the last line Kat says is she wants to forget everything that happened in the games which I assumed meant the kiss with Peeta.