By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

Also: first thing to do is to make sign-ups^^

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Man, I miss those games of like 17-22 people we used to have.

What happened?

Let me guess...

Your playstyle made all those people quit. Understandable.

Yeah, I do tend to hog the spotlight, don't I ;-S

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
It is funny, that even though Rol played well, he did not really do anything useful for town. Good game Rol! Maybe next time you really will be Mafia and you will have the chance to kill me night one! ;)

3rd party.

I couldn't do much, other than spurring activity. I was vanilla and started with a useless item. Then picked up a useless item only to be offered my initial useless item at twilight of Day 2. At dawn of Day 3 I finally got something useful, but other than linkz, no really suspicious player remained and I thought he is mafia because noname used the same item on him and there was no kill during Night 2. So due to a lack of better options, I just used my item on linkz.

I hope I'll be mafia next time. I will kill prof Night 1, whether or not he is on my team is irrelevant.

I'll just have to kill you first then. :D

Also in retroperspective..... the NIV was a much more fun rule than Item Transition^^

Stefl1504 said:

Should I make one now? lol

I am not yet to sure to host but I am thiking of a practice round first so if I screwed up it will be nothing serious.

Anyways, sent you a message. Testing the quicktopic.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Stefl1504 said:

Should I make one now? lol

I am not yet to sure to host but I am thiking of a practice round first so if I screwed up it will be nothing serious.

Anyways, sent you a message. Testing the quicktopic.

Already noticed that... there is no need for a round 39.5 - just go for it and make a game goddamn - as for sign ups - just copy paste the round 39 signups and change ALL the numbers :D

Stefl1504 said:
Also in retroperspective..... the NIV was a much more fun rule than Item Transition^^

Nah, I thought Item transition was really nice touch. It wasn't anything credibly different, and vanillas pretty much stayed vanilla.

The only flaw was that with mafia setup like that, it begs the setup that the items have justifiable use on the mafia side.

Medic Bag? No vigilante or SK, no use.
Scanner Tool? Can see the item, but not knowing what items do isn't very beneficial to the scum scanner.
Shock Grenade? Definitely useful, but mafia wants to full block, not a delayed one.
Cookie? Well, I ate it already.
Pater Mask...definitely not something the mafia would want.

Variations would've been great though, like:

Medic Bag, one time negates a lynch. Disappears afterwards.
Scanner sees the items purpose.
Shock Grenade is overloaded to block someone completely for the game (maybe op?)
Pater mask makes them popular, +1 vote need to lynch.

etc

TruckOSaurus said:
Wonktonodi said:
Stefl1504 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Stefl1504 said:
Well - I knew there was a high chance of the vanillas being able to confirm one another

Also I will make my final-fan statement I wanted to make throughout the whole game:

It is true he was not on the list of this thread at the point of its creation, but his role was assigned on my paper^^ - After I send out all the PMs I noticed that I had one player more on my list than on the list in the thread... fun fact - Final-Fan got the last character I added to the game

One thing is for sure - next time I will not allow to make roleclaims - also I enjoyed hosting the game without a general timelimit, and I loved day 2

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, No, NO, NOOOOO! Just design your game so roleclaims can't provide an easy win for any team.

Bu- But I want to see what happens when I add something like this... I want to experiment! I need to test stuff!

experiment by making TOS and radish on a team that can talk at night together. I dont think that's ever been done.

Already done! In prof's Catherine game, radish was my teammate and we could talk during the day.

You missed that being a joke. This game was at least the 4th time you two were on a team that could talk at night.
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/3qceRGUqYaZM remember?

and how could you forget this one?

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/RP4eHVk2Xyb

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142431

theprof00 said:
Stefl1504 said:

Nah, I thought Item transition was really nice touch. It wasn't anything credibly different, and vanillas pretty much stayed vanilla.

The only flaw was that with mafia setup like that, it begs the setup that the items have justifiable use on the mafia side.

Medic Bag? No vigilante or SK, no use.
Scanner Tool? Can see the item, but not knowing what items do isn't very beneficial to the scum scanner.
Shock Grenade? Definitely useful, but mafia wants to full block, not a delayed one.
Cookie? Well, I ate it already.
Pater Mask...definitely not something the mafia would want.

Variations would've been great though, like:

Medic Bag, one time negates a lynch. Disappears afterwards.
Scanner sees the items purpose.
Shock Grenade is overloaded to block someone completely for the game (maybe op?)
Pater mask makes them popular, +1 vote need to lynch.

etc

I actually wanted to implement an item that was useless to town but in the hands of mafia it would janitorise the items of the lynchees into their inventory if they wanted to...