By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Journey “fastest-selling PSN game ever released” in SCEA region, soundtrack hitting April 11

Tagged games:

Ajescent said:
sales2099 said:
"No figures were released"

This could mean that the previous record holder really didnt have any significant numbers and to release the figures would be kinda contradictory to the victory message they are trying to convey.

PSN downloads were never really picked up by the PS3 community as much as XBLA is by 360 userbase.

Or it could be that Sony doesn't like announcing Numbers...? There was no need to mention the 360 here...

apologies. 

But on topic, its all about understanding corporate speak. Everything positive that can be mentioned, will be mentioned. Putting amazing record breaking numbers in this news could really boost its appeal and give context. Yet the numbers (which no doubt Sony knows), arent announced alongside this victory announcement. This implies that the numbers, while record breaking, arent significant enough, in comparison to what record numbers the competition does (like on XBLA). Everything is connected. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I dont think XBLA ever releases their numbers.

I think FFVII had this record at once, so it must have done pretty nice numbers.

4 ≈ One

xwan said:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39713/Xbox_Live_Arcade_by_the_numbers__the_2011_year_in_review.php

Sony by comparison, I think has hardly ever, released any PSN numbers. But im done here. Just saw your post and wanted to show you. 

But again, Journey has amazing reviews and im glad sales are reflecting that. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Dgc1808 said:
I think FFVII had this record at once, so it must have done pretty nice numbers.

PS1 classics sales are lumped in together with original content like Journey? Maybe Sony separates the two. 

Around the Network

Nope, it's all lumped together as far as I'm aware.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Very glad to hear that. Makes me always happy to see such a niche game selling well. But numbers will be more intresting. Sony should really post some numbers.

I think Infamous Blood festival was the last game to hold the record

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
xwan said:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39713/Xbox_Live_Arcade_by_the_numbers__the_2011_year_in_review.php

Sony by comparison, I think has hardly ever, released any PSN numbers. But im done here. Just saw your post and wanted to show you. 

But again, Journey has amazing reviews and im glad sales are reflecting that. 

That's not data from MS. Those are estimates from Gamesutra based on leaderboard numbers.

There are Major Nelson numbers there too. But regardless, they are numbers nonetheless, addressing the original quote. 

sales2099 said:

apologies. 

But on topic, its all about understanding corporate speak. Everything positive that can be mentioned, will be mentioned. Putting amazing record breaking numbers in this news could really boost its appeal and give context. Yet the numbers (which no doubt Sony knows), arent announced alongside this victory announcement. This implies that the numbers, while record breaking, arent significant enough, in comparison to what record numbers the competition does (like on XBLA). Everything is connected. 

either that or you are overthinking and they just don't give a shit that some few of their users liked to see the sales numbers, while publishers/devs ofc do have some kind of access to those