By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 to get "further closure"

Rath said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Turkish said:
Imo, the biggest problem is that ME3 is more a shooter then an rpg, I still think ME1 is the best ME game.

mass effect 1 is a RPG and a lame shooter , mass effect 3 is a good rpg and a great shooter IMO

Strangely I loved the shooting mechanics in ME1.

Same here. I miss the accuracy wheel terribly as that was one of the mechanics I loved the most in the original ME. It actually meant a difference between handling one weapon properly or just shooting the damn thing all over the place (try putting a Sniper rifle on an Adept class and you'll have a few laughs xD). That being said, once you got to the final levels and were able to buy the Master Spectre gear, the accuracy wheel was so tiny you could hit a pixel without zooming which was OP as hell, even on Insanity XD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I am actually making my way through the ME franchise. I recently started the first game and I'm enjoying it (not crazy about the customization though) The story is good and doesn't drag on. From the get go, you know your target and mission. I'm enjoying the RPG element of the game. It lets me build my teams around my own needs, whether I need a long range to keep enemies off me or a biotic providing the team with barriers, lifts or the little gravity ball one but I find my team dying so fast on Veteran mode (I like playing my games on higher difficulty, even if knew to the series) so I often find my self running around to revive my characters and heal them so they can contribute to the fights. No matter where i put them, they always seem to want to stay out of cover. The shooter part of the game is also pretty good, although it can be a little hectic and overwhelming at times.

Anyways, good to hear news from BioWare and I hope they don't change the endings but simply make epilogues for some of the characters, races and what not. I'm looking forward to playing ME3 some time this summer.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Drinking game proposal: take a shot every time he says "listening" or some variation of it.

ishiki said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Funny how they rag on 'destructive commentary' yet if people had only been polite and didn't kick up a stink about how shitty the game was, Bioware wouldn't even be releasing this future content.

If the whole game is shitty. Why would all these people care about the ending?

If it's shitty all the way through, the ending should be expected to be shitty, and thus the whole game would be bitched about (and I have many complaints about gameplay elements). But it seems to be mostly the ending.

The ending was the shittiest lot of all the shit by far, so it was the most talked about shit of all the shit, pretty simple. 

"This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue."

Ha I knew there were going to be more Mass Effect games. The awesomeness will continue! I can't wait to see what the next generation of Mass Effect games brings.

Either way I'm glad they are trying to make everyone happy...I hope what they make is free DLC or have a very cheap expansion pack that has many more missions.

Around the Network

No really? A game that doesn't have a proper ending and literally ends with a note saying ''Now you can continue to (removed as possibly spoilerish) through further gameplay and downloadable content'' will have extra dlc to help create a proper ending? Oh well I am surprised! The real question is how much will they charge to give us an ending.

Seriously it's all well and good Bioware saying ''We are listening'' however it means very little unless you are actually listening. Just recently they were stating how people didn't like it because it wasn't a happy ending which clearly showed they hadn't listened to the community in the slightest.

Ending a game without a proper ending then telling people to expect DLC to fill in the gaps. They've made it pretty clear they care about money but not much else. Notice how it was only once people started returning the game they decided to properly address it.

Meanwhile you get statements such as ''An outpouring of love for Garrus and Tali led to their inclusion as love interests in Mass Effect 2'' .... Yes all that outpouring of love for the character of Tali. Hmm fans are torn about if they want to see her face? We should probably either not include it or make it very good.... oh wait no let's just have someone with bad photoshop abilities mess with an image for about 5minutes and that will do LOL!

Or hey we should include a reporter on the ship so the player can be interviewed! Great idea! We even have a character that people like and Shepard has a history with! Oh wait or we could put a games journalist in the game with no voice acting or even acting experience and it will create no conflict of interest anywhere! Because there is nothing our fans like more than terrible voice acting and high review scores!

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

PR speak, nothing more.

Rhonin the wizard said:

PR speak, nothing more.

Stop being such a cynic. I'm sure that in just a few months' time we'll get a purple and yellow ending added to the roster.

ishiki said:
SecondWar said:
Turkish said:
Imo, the biggest problem is that ME3 is more a shooter then an rpg, I still think ME1 is the best ME game.

I don't get how people see one Mass Effect game being more of a shooter than any of the others. They're either all shooters or all RPGs, so make your mind up.

You cannot holster your gun in ME3. But can in the others. :P.

Had a feeling it would be for some lame reason like that.