By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter X Tekken on-disc content will reportedly cost over $100 to unlock

Tagged games:

How do you feel about this?

I'm gonna get it! 3 6.38%

Whoa...too expensive........ 4 8.51%

Capcom can suck it 40 85.11%

Total:47

I really, really want to give Capcom my money and yet they keep pulling stupid shit like this.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
hatmoza said:

I really hate this game so far, and I've been playing it for about 2 weeks so far.

LOL. I'm pretty sure this is called masochism.

bleh, never mind that. I said "so far" twice and that sentence will haunt me all week.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I think from a legal point a view, if you can unlock the characters on disc then Capcom, or any company for that matter can not do anything about it. Whats on the disc is yours and you can do anything with it.

Its just for those who can't or don't hack, which is the vast majority, Capcom is grabbing some money off of them. Best to just boycott the game or at least the DLC. Better yet, just wait a few months and buy the "Ultimate" version of the game when it comes out.

Are you kidding me?

Yay!!!

I hope they don't pull shit like this in Resident Evil 6.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:

Oh you know it! Except this time it's to unlock the second half of the game! It only costs 2'000$. ^_^

NintendoPie said:
Solid-Stark said:

Oh you know it! Except this time it's to unlock the second half of the game! It only costs 2'000$. ^_^

Im actually sad :( I love RE, and for Capcom to become something ugly like this is saddening. As much as it hurts me, whatever they say, I'm gonna hold off buying any RE game in the future till it's greatest hits.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

hatmoza said:
TruckOSaurus said:
This just makes my decision not to buy this game even more justified.

You know I'm a big Street Fighter fan, no? So my word should have some weight to it.

Don't buy the game anyways. the 4 series is still superior to this glitchy, unbalanced piece of shit named Street Fighter X Tekken. The idea was great but rushed. But it's not just this DLC talk, it's the gameplay, the graphics, the flow ... it's similar to Marvel vs Capcom in a bad way. This game should ... I'm at a loss of words. It's just bad in so many aspects, which is a shame, because it includes so many of my favorite Tekken characters and Capcom was able to make them feel as jake and out of character as possible.

I really hate this game so far, and I've been playing it for about 2 weeks so far.

Good to know I made a wise decision. Is the Namco version still being made? I haven't heard anything about it in months.

Signature goes here!

That sounds quite reasonable if you're Donald Trump.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger