By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why Count Virtual Console but not XBLA?

I am sure downloads from XBLA outnumber VC

Around the Network

Who's counting Virtual Console?  Didn't even know there was a way to do so.

Ive seen a couple virtual console games on the japanese charts

PseudoKirby said:
I'm sure you are wrong. Japanese charts are "boxed" products only. No sales figures for any digital distribution channels (sure the platform holders want to keep this info to themselves).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I would LOVE to see sales for stuff like...

1. fl0w.

2. Tekken

3. Calling All Cars (not out yet)

And some of the PS1 games. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

I have as much interest in all thre companies digital distributions as I do their physical ones.  If only they were released on a consistent basis.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

you mean as consistent as say... every wednesday...

PseudoKirby said:

And these games are? Maybe you have seen games like "NES Classics" on the charts.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I would also like to know what VC games are supposedly being counted in the charts.

VC sales have not been released, and they would not get put into the charts anyway.

Perhaps sometime we should make a separate chart for just VC sales, maybe VC sales vs XBLA...but at the moment VC sales are not being counted, where are you seeing this?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Perhaps you're confusing the "Blast from the past" section with current charts?  Those are just old numbers...interesting to see top sellers from years ago...they don't get updated with any VC sales though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )