By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III release date: May 15

Mummelmann said:
Color me excited! Such a long wait... I don't think I've waited this long for anything in my life before! Now, let's just hope Blizzard haven't gone and fucked it all up.

While Diablo 2 was great and all there are a decent amount of improvements that could be made.  My main gripe with Diablo 2 would be the Baal Runs you are subjected to at the end of the game (and throughout the other difficulties).  Basically, that was the only thing you could do for any exp once you go to around 90.  I believe I got an assassin up to 93 or 94 and then it would have taken a shitload of runs to further up anymore.  I believe I was doing runs with this one guy that someone tried to calculate out the runs (or had a mod that did).  I believe he said he needed so many hundreds of thousands of runs to get to I believe 95 or 96 at the time.  Pretty much you had no life and were willing to put your brain on auto sleep mode for 100+ hours to get from 90-99.  Not even fucking worth it.  Hell even most bots couldn't even get up that far or took them forever. 

I loved it when they released a patch and then released a program for the bot or map or perhaps both.  They then waited a week or so then after doing a quick scan for the program (anyone that logged onto bnet that had the program installed was then banned from bnet)

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Mummelmann said:
Color me excited! Such a long wait... I don't think I've waited this long for anything in my life before! Now, let's just hope Blizzard haven't gone and fucked it all up.

While Diablo 2 was great and all there are a decent amount of improvements that could be made.  My main gripe with Diablo 2 would be the Baal Runs you are subjected to at the end of the game (and throughout the other difficulties).  Basically, that was the only thing you could do for any exp once you go to around 90.  I believe I got an assassin up to 93 or 94 and then it would have taken a shitload of runs to further up anymore.  I believe I was doing runs with this one guy that someone tried to calculate out the runs (or had a mod that did).  I believe he said he needed so many hundreds of thousands of runs to get to I believe 95 or 96 at the time.  Pretty much you had no life and were willing to put your brain on auto sleep mode for 100+ hours to get from 90-99.  Not even fucking worth it.  Hell even most bots couldn't even get up that far or took them forever. 

I loved it when they released a patch and then released a program for the bot or map or perhaps both.  They then wait a week or so then after doing a quick scan for the program (anyone that logged onto bnet that had the program installed was then banned from bnet)

The amount of XP required for top levels is ludicrous. The XP share goes down the farther up you go! And with the XP loss incurred when you die, you're looking at an eternity. I think I never got any character past 90 but I've had a dozen or so in the 80 region.