By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! Pachter's Wrong!

Hey! That's his job to be wrong or right! But I love when he is wrong! Lol

Around the Network

What a laugh... thanks for that!

Switch!!!

I have a collection of old EGMs, and you'd be amazed at the amount of hilarious quotes they got related to nintendo. Especially about them turning 3rd party. And Kaz and Phil Harrison's world class arrogance too!

Now we know why Pachter hates Nintendo. XD

I want to make stupid predictions and get paid for them.

Wii U will cost $539.99 at launch and will be lucky to sell 10,000 systems in the first week. it will leave the console market part way into 2013 and make iPad games from that point forward. Someone pay me please.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

In the latest Pach-Attack, Pachter believes the WiiU is about to "Dreamcast" itself.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nintendo-dreamcasts-pach-attack/727761

This and other statements like it from back then makes me wonder why so many people focus on what Nintendo fans were saying in 2007/08 when pointing out how people got it wrong.

The professional analysts, who have made a career out of predicting things like this, predicted a lifetime ceiling of about 18million units for the Wii. It's probably going to be somewhere between 85-90million units ahead of those predictions when all is said and done.

The amateur predictions from random fans of topping the PS2, which now look crazy, are actually going to end up being closer to being correct than anything the professionals could come up with, despite still being wrong.

VGChartz

Panama said:
To be fair no one could have predicted the Wii would go off the way it did, hell he's still calling it the Revolution in that article.

To be fair, I told several of my friends to pour all their money into Nintendo stocks in mid 2005. Did they? NO. Are they upset now? YES.

Don't assume that people didn't see the Nintendomination coming.

The only surprising thing was they way the PS3 lost so much ground (pre Slim) to the 360.

You infidels!!! Teh Analyst God is like Molyneux (but light years better): the industry just isn't ready for him!!!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Maybe someday he'll finally learn his leson