By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tablets killing consoles? How can consoles be saved?

DanneSandin said:
I recently read a good article on IGN that discussed handhelds vs iPhones/Ipads. The article auther drew the comparison between digital cameras and handhelds: The sale for digital cameras have declined alot since the phones got decent cameras built in them - but at the same time the sales for more expansive system cameras have risen. In this example the system cameras are the handheld and the phoes are... well, the phones. And I think this applice to home consoles as well; people will play "quick" games on the iPads, but gotta turn to the console for a more deeper experience!

"Like"

=P

Around the Network

This argument is getting so boring!! it seems like all this was started from the little mobile devs!!

They can keep their buttons. With a 3d camera in the next Ipad the kinect will be obsolete.

Aj_habfan said:
Whatever the bar was set at for these threads, you just lowered it.

So true.

Mr Khan said:
Aj_habfan said:
Whatever the bar was set at for these threads, you just lowered it.

(here reiterates the desire for VGChartz to have a "like" button.)

I don't see why that is necessary? It takes mere seconds to estimate that the topic is most unappealing to the majority.

Around the Network

Well, a tablet can do many things, but it seems more of a multipurpose tool than a console killer, camera killer, computer killer, etc.

A photographer isn't going to be using a ipad to take quality pictures, as a gamer isn't going going to be content with playing angry bards.

TruckOSaurus said:
I should start herding crows so I can feed them to Peter Vesterbacka and his friends who keep predicting the end of console gaming.

Indeed... Angry crows...

BasilZero said:

uhh they are not killing consoles o.o

Also isnt the Wii-U tablet just a controller ;o

(I feel like I just got myself trolled just now y u do dis 2 me)

Now I understand!!! Ninty told Xzibit to put a tablet in its new console to kill it!!!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Tablets pretty much the powers that be are killing consoles!!!

CassiePrich

wtf? this is a year old thread, but hey! just like phones killed the 3DS ;) -- poor thing it only sold 5 million units... :(