By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3ds Beat em' ups

So a nice selection of beat em ups are starting to build now, street fighter, tekken, dead or alive and heard soul calibur is on the way. One still missing though, my favourite mortal kombat I think the fatalities would look sick in 3d, I've twittered ed boon about it on several occasions and have not had a response :( Out of the first three stated tekken, street fighter and dead or alive which one is the best? I'm leaning towards tekken as im not familiar with dead or alive, and not sure about street fighter, can anyone help?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Oh you mean fighters?

Super Street Fighter IV 3DS
Tekken 3DS
Dead or Alive Dimensions

Out of those three, I think you should get Street Fighter IV, if you played any of the other versions on Xbox360/ps3/PC than ignore this one.

Go for Tekken if you havent played any tekken games in a while, other wise go for Dead or Alive Dimensions, its fairly decent from what I hear.

Also Soul Calibur for 3DS? Source on that o.o?

That would be awesome! ^_^ Also... I'm pretty sure the genre is Fighter like my buddy Basil said above.

We call em beat em ups in uk

BasilZero said:
MegaDrive08 said:

Oh no worries xD!

Beat em Ups from what I'm usually known would be for games like Final Fight/Streets of Rage/Golden Axe/Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles ;p

Btw, where did you hear about Soul Calibur coming to 3DS, need more details *_* is it Soul Calibur 5 enhanced port!?!

What? Would that actually convince you to actually buy a Nintendo console?

Again only a rumour about soul calibur

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/is-soul-calibur-v-on-its-way-to-the-3ds/

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
BasilZero said:
MegaDrive08 said:

Oh no worries xD!

Beat em Ups from what I'm usually known would be for games like Final Fight/Streets of Rage/Golden Axe/Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles ;p

Btw, where did you hear about Soul Calibur coming to 3DS, need more details *_* is it Soul Calibur 5 enhanced port!?!

What? Would that actually convince you to actually buy a Nintendo console?

What you mean convince me to buy a Nintendo console o.O? I am already planning to buy a 3DS, just waiting for the right game and right time ;p.

This would convince me to buy a Soul Calibur 5 port/version if it comes out on the 3DS since I feel the PS3/Xbox360 versions arent as good as the previous games.

I was just kidding... you know the on going joke that you're moving to the dark side?

Yeah games like golden axe and streets of rage was called hack en slash or side scrolling beat em ups, but fighting games here have always been called beat em ups not sure if they still refer to them as that now but back in the 90's they were

SUPER SMASH BROS will be the best fighting game on 3DS from it's release til Nintendo's newest Handheld family.

"Nintendo fan for life"

Dead or Alive Dimensions is the best right now.

3DS is quickly becoming THE handheld for fighting games fans and i think it's really great.

i would recommend everyone to get both SSFIV3D and DoA: Dimensions, they are both great games and they sorta complement each other. SSF has great multiplayer mode, while DoA shines in single player.

SSFIV is a really great port but it still is a downgraded port so if you don't have the need for a portable version of the game and you already own it on other platforms (or if you could get it on other platforms) i think you should get DoA. otherwise is though decision.

As for the other fighting games on 3DS:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II. It's fun how everybody seem to forget this game. BTW it's a bad port of a good game. the fighting system is superb, and there are tons of contents, but the framerate is all over the place and there is no online play. Get the Extend version on PS3, Xbox360 or Vita instead.

Tekken 3D: Prime Edition. this one is horrid. this is a port of tekken 6 stripped to the core. no arcade mode, no story mode. there are only two singleplayer modes (quick battle and survival) and the game doesn't do anything to introduce you to the characters, to the fighting system (we shouldn't forget that this is the first time in 10 years that tekken comes to a nintendo platform so i think that lots of nintendo fans aren't familiar with the franchise) or to keep your interest. the online play is a mess. the game forces you to play in 2d mode when online and there is a tremendous lag which makes the game unplayable. So let's recap: no single player, no multiplayer, so what's this game all about? oh yeah namco threw in the movie tekken blood vengeance, which is enjoyable even if it isn't all that great, but the video player is horrid. it is impossible to stop and resume the movie if you exit to play the game or do something else with the 3ds, navigation is a mess and even skipping to different chapters is complicated. there is absolutely no reason to get this game. sure there are 40 fighters in there. sure it has the usual tekken gameplay. shure it is locked on 60FPS, but in the end you can't squeeze a single drop of fun fromthis one.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!