By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Racist history of the Republican Party

Abortion is a terrible thing, but a necessary evil at times. I just wish people would take more responsibility for themselves. But banning abortion again would be abysmal, much like the new sig rules, we don't need some inane overlording body doling out stupid, heavy handed rules to keep us in line. Just make good decisions.

And support cleavage.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
HappySqurriel said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Kasz216 said:

There is.

There are tons of people looking to adopt babys who can't due to low supply.

Seems counterintutive since there are tons of kids who go unadopted, but the truth is...

people want babies.  Any Baby put up for adoption now adays is readily snapped up... and babies are in such short supply that we litteraly import them... and many more would be imported if not for strict laws in regards to it.

It's just... once a kid hits 2 or so... he's considered "Damaged goods".   Already has the smell of someone else on it... or something I don't know, i don't want kids so I really don't get the mindset.

Right, people want babies. But there are tons of children waiting to be adopted.

The situation would be even worse without abortions.

I don't think there is any evidence to demonstrate that, or any reason why that would be true ...

While the general point of what Kasz said is true I believe the age he said that children become "damaged goods" is still very young; from my understanding interest in adopting children starts to decline at about 2 years old, but they do not really hit an age where it difficult/impossible to get adopted until they hit school age. It may not be nice to say but a lot of the fears about adopting older children are not unfounded.

A few years back I read an article discussing a paper from  Jonathan Klick (University of Pennsylvania Law School) and Thomas Stratmann (George Mason University) that indicated that toughly laws relating to abortion results in less high-risk sexual behaviour resulting in lower pregnancy rates and lower incidents of STDs. The laws that were the base of the study involved requiring children to get the consent of their parents before having an abortion so it wasn't an outright ban, and yet there were significant changes in people's behaviours.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that if abortions were illegal most girls would be extremely careful about taking their birth-control pills and few men would be having pre-marital sex without a condom; essentially, people would behave as is suggested in many sexual education programs to prevent preganancy and STDs.

Perhaps SOME people would be more careful if abortions were illegal. Although I don't think many people consider abortions until they get pregnant. It should be considered women would definitely find more dangerous methods to get rid of the fetus as well if abortion was illegal.

Its a double edge blade. There would be terrible consequences if you get rid of abortion.

There may be an increase in parents terminating babies on their own, but I would contest this number would be much fewer than the number of abortions that occur. If thats the case those that commit that offense should be tried in court and punished as a murderer. I think it would be much more difficult for a parent to have the will to intentionally kill their child, even though I know there are sick people out there that still do this today. people finding babies dumped in trash cans and such. Its rare, but it happens. Its easier for them to go into an abortion clinic and have it done, because they don't truly see the baby inside of them as a human baby. Most are told its just a clump of cells.

I will share something with you. There is a woman I know in her 40s now. When she was young she got preganant and aborted her first child. Then soon after she got pregnant again. She went and had that one aborted as well. Later that evening she became extremely ill and went back to a local hospital. The Doctor ran some tests and then came back to her and told her that she had a serious infection because there were body parts of the child left behind inside of her. After that she was no longer able to become pregnant. And she didn't think of it as a human baby until the doctor told her that news.

I'm not trying to tell you this as a sob story, but the problem is the human being inside the womb has become dehuminized and thats why abortion is allowed, because we try to say we are not taking a life. I see people saying on this thread, "Well if it does not have a fully developed brian or dosn't have a concious then terminating it is not murder." Honestly this makes no sense if we know that truly the life inside the mother that was made from the man's sperm and the woman's egg is now developing as a human being then why is it not criminal act to terminate that human being? A human being IS a person. The human being inside the mother's womb is a baby no matter what stage of development it is at. A man and a woman chose to have sex and knew it could result in a new person to come into this world. What gives them the right to terminate that individual's existence and deny them the right to life?

Here is the Issue at hand: What difference does it make if I were to kill a human being in the womb in the first few weeks of its development from a baby just born into the world? The human being in the womb is doing nothing to contribute to society. Likewise the newborn baby is doing nothing to contribute to society. The newborn baby left on its own would die. It has to have care. If the  human being in the womb was taken out it would die because it needs to develop in order to live outside the womb. Both are human. Both have done nothing to contribute to society yet. Why deny the human in the womb the right to live, but not the newborn baby?

Allfreedom99 said:

Here is the Issue at hand: What difference does it make if I were to kill a human being in the womb in the first few weeks of its development from a baby just born into the world? The human being in the womb is doing nothing to contribute to society. Likewise the newborn baby is doing nothing to contribute to society. The newborn baby left on its own would die. It has to have care. If the  human being in the womb was taken out it would die because it needs to develop in order to live outside the womb. Both are human. Both have done nothing to contribute to society yet. Why deny the human in the womb the right to live, but not the newborn baby?

Well people want babies. There is great demand for babies.

My concern is there just isn't enough people adopting children that aren't babies. Perhaps most orphans aren't up for adoption as babies?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Allfreedom99 said:

Well people want babies. There is great demand for babies.

My concern is there just isn't enough people adopting children that aren't babies. Perhaps most orphans aren't up for adoption as babies?

That's a large part of it. Most children waiting for adoption, by a large margin were put into the system after reaching  1 year of age.  For people, having the whole expierence like you were a birth parent is important.

Another problem is race... White people tend to adopt a lot more then other races... however the government doesn't tend to want to adopt out other races to white parents, ironically due to pressure from civil rights groups who view it as "White people stealing a young black/hispanic" child's culture.

Or people worried about culture shock.

Both which are silly arguements when the other answer is 18 years of Fostercare.

There is a federal law against considering race, but it widely happens anyway.

Apparently this is even worse in the UK.

http://www.publicservice.co.uk/feature_story.asp?id=18829

@Kasz. The adoption laws are being mended in the UK to fix that exact problem.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
badgenome said:

To see everyone pissed off at government and politicians yet they vote for the same fuckers again and again.

sethnintendo said:
badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

How about another party instead of these shit parties? Oh wait, we have a shitty two party system...

But if they combined into one party called the Shit Party, then we'd have room for another party.

Oh, come on. Voters are plenty pissed off, and it shows. Why, in the 2010 elections only 85% of incumbents won reelection instead of the usual 90+%. It was a veritable bloodbath!

I miss Joe the Plumber.

He's running for the house of representatives in ohio.

No Joke.

Rath said:

Yeah, I know, but the US has had a law like that for decades... so even with the law passed, don't expect it to change overnight.

That's government for you.

Also oddly, people are against the changes.

badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

How about another party instead of these shit parties? Oh wait, we have a shitty two party system...

But if they combined into one party called the Shit Party, then we'd have room for another party.

I think you can do that if you have both of them agree to make their policy of not getting anything done, except going to war and pushing things further to a police state and oppose themselves as policy, with their motto being "Our goal is to make ourselves fail, but you MUST vote for us, because you have no choice)?  They the support the use of courts, super committees with dictatorial power, and government agencies to make all the rulings and regulations, and switch over to no interest fiat currency to pay for everything and never tax anyone (just spend the money into existence).  And they continue to run opposed to Washington, while using earmarks to bring back pork to their districts.  

They can kick this off by the Democrats reaching out to the Republican Party and say they really want bipartisan support, so in an effort to say they are able to do, they would propose the new bipartisan effort be called The Can (as in "We can do it").  

There you go, combine both parties into The Can party.  The party that is both #1 and #2.

Kasz216 said:
Rath said:

Yeah, I know, but the US has had a law like that for decades... so even with the law passed, don't expect it to change overnight.

That's government for you.

Also oddly, people are against the changes.

The people who made the law had their hearts in the right place  - they were afraid that children would have a confused cultural identity. The fact is that they got it well and truly wrong though.

richardhutnik said:

I think you can do that if you have both of them agree to make their policy of not getting anything done, except going to war and pushing things further to a police state and oppose themselves as policy, with their motto being "Our goal is to make ourselves fail, but you MUST vote for us, because you have no choice)?  They the support the use of courts, super committees with dictatorial power, and government agencies to make all the rulings and regulations, and switch over to no interest fiat currency to pay for everything and never tax anyone (just spend the money into existence).  And they continue to run opposed to Washington, while using earmarks to bring back pork to their districts.  

They can kick this off by the Democrats reaching out to the Republican Party and say they really want bipartisan support, so in an effort to say they are able to do, they would propose the new bipartisan effort be called The Can (as in "We can do it").  

There you go, combine both parties into The Can party.  The party that is both #1 and #2.

They'd probably still win, because anyone who actually wants to do things differently would be portrayed in the media as scary and extremist.