By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU need some type of Achievement/Trophy system

I will be purchasing the WiiU day 1 regardless but I was wondering if they will have some type of Achievement/Trophy system like the 360 and PS3.  I think its very important for them because it adds a little replay value to the games. I was thinking something like a Bronze Mushroom, Silver Flower and Gold Star to represent Nintendo.  What you guys think?

Around the Network

I have no idea is it's been announced or anything, but I'm sure the'll have some system like that

I think if they want to be competitive with MS and Sony, they might need something like that.

They are usually around 5-6 years behind Sony in online features so with trophies introduced 2008 timing would be right :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
They are usually around 5-6 years behind Sony in online features so with trophies introduced 2008 timing would be right :)

To be fair the PS Trophy system is a rip off the 360 Achievement System.

Around the Network

Yes they will, although maybe with a Nintendo twist.

Miyamoto said that he doesn't like achivements, but given that Nintendo wants to cater the "hardcore" gamers, this is something that they need to have.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I hope they do not a game changer but it would be a good addition.

i don't think anything was officially announced for the wiiU but doesn't the 3DS have something similar. either way i expect the wiiU to have some kind of a trophy/achievement system.

Nintendo already has an achievement system called stars and coins. Collect enough of them in one of their games and you unlock hidden levels, items, etc..

Zlejedi said:

While Sony and Microsoft were at least 3 years behind Sega in online.