By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU need some type of Achievement/Trophy system

Mushrooms, Flowers and Stars... They don't need to think too much about it.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hahaha, Nintendo needs an achievement system to add replay value to their games. That's pure gold.

What's a bigger movitation to replay games than the ever-prevalent E-penor?  Get with the times, Roland.

Pixel Art can be fun.

They certainly need to include a reward system but make sure it isn't derivative of Sony and Microsoft, for example they should disguise the trophy format.

No they don't. It would be wise to add a more explicit record of your achievements, as it appears it's important for some gamers. But they don't 'need' to do it.
Also, what sethnintendo said.

In more with the theme of getting with the times; Achievements, in my honest opinion, are outdated. I'd love to see a new system rather than just copying and pasting them into next-generation machines.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:

I will be purchasing the WiiU day 1 regardless but I was wondering if they will have some type of Achievement/Trophy system like the 360 and PS3.  I think its very important for them because it adds a little replay value to the games. I was thinking something like a Bronze Mushroom, Silver Flower and Gold Star to represent Nintendo.  What you guys think?

I really like this system of achievements cause it's screams Nintendo.  However, I don't think there needs to be any color changing of the mushroom, flower, and star.  I say just leave them their normal colors.  By adding bronze, silver, and gold to the mix it kind of makes it seem as if they're coping Sony a little too much.  I also say add a Crown for when the gamer collects all the Mushrooms, Flowers, and Stars in the game. 

sethnintendo said:
Zlejedi said:
They are usually around 5-6 years behind Sony in online features so with trophies introduced 2008 timing would be right :)

While Sony and Microsoft were at least 3 years behind Sega in online.

And Sega was behind pc gaming...

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Shadowfest3 said:
bonkers555 said:

I will be purchasing the WiiU day 1 regardless but I was wondering if they will have some type of Achievement/Trophy system like the 360 and PS3.  I think its very important for them because it adds a little replay value to the games. I was thinking something like a Bronze Mushroom, Silver Flower and Gold Star to represent Nintendo.  What you guys think?

I really like this system of achievements cause it's screams Nintendo.  However, I don't think there needs to be any changing of the mushroom, flower, and star.  I say just leave them their normal colors.  By adding bronze, silver, and gold to the mix it kind of makes it seem as if they're coping Sony and little too much.  I also say add a Crown for when the gamer collects all the Mushrooms, Flowers, and Stars in the game. 

Why is it that Mario = Nintendo?

Why can we have.. I don't know Rupees? Warp Stars? Maxim Tomatoes? Pokéballs? Power/Varia/Gravity Suits? etc.

Or hell maybe even have a Smash Bros.-esque trophy system that gives you collectable, more tangible trophies rather than the point system.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Zlejedi said:
sethnintendo said:
Zlejedi said:
They are usually around 5-6 years behind Sony in online features so with trophies introduced 2008 timing would be right :)

While Sony and Microsoft were at least 3 years behind Sega in online.

And Sega was behind pc gaming...

Which I was far ahead of most noob asses back in the day rocking ISDN while most at best had a 56k.  Should have seen me wreck shop in Tribes...

sethnintendo said:

Nintendo already has an achievement system called stars and coins. Collect enough of them in one of their games and you unlock hidden levels, items, etc..

This must be for the 3DS cause I know it's not on the Wii.  Can you give me an example of how this system works, meaning, do you find a star or coin in the game or do you have to do something to earn the star and coin?  Thanks!