By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU need some type of Achievement/Trophy system

DélioPT said:
theprof00 said:
DélioPT said:
Mr Khan said:
So long as i can trade them in for rewards of some sort (like if they integrated it with the Club Nintendo system, where you could double the purchase reward for a game if you really clean out the game, and then can spend it on virtual games or swag)

Otherwise, it will have no meaning, just like the lack of meaning on competing platforms.

Exactly!
Trophies or achievements never spoke to me that much, but if i could get something with them... now that would be great!
to what you said i`ll just add that Nintendo could allow to use them as discount on the online purchase of their games or 3rd party games - as a mean to encorage people to buy 3rd party games.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=45954

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82548/sony-launches-playstation-rewards-a-new-loyalty-program/

We once had a rumor that trophies would do something, and then they removed the trophy aspect, sadly.

That would be great! The trip part would be sweet!
Too bad Sony didn`t go forward with this, let`s hope Nintendo follows this route. At least it would diffrentiate them from the competition.

Thanks for sharing this, btw.

Well, there is always an endless supply of things Sony used to get my hopes up :D.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
DélioPT said:

That would be great! The trip part would be sweet!
Too bad Sony didn`t go forward with this, let`s hope Nintendo follows this route. At least it would diffrentiate them from the competition.

Thanks for sharing this, btw.

Well, there is always an endless supply of things Sony used to get my hopes up :D.

Being a fan isn`t an easy task! It`s hard work, i tell you! :D

Mushroom = Bronze, which earns you 5 coins,
Flower = Silver, which earns you 10 coins,
Stars = Gold, which earns you 25 coins, and
Triforce = Platinum which earns you 50 coins

Earning coins to let you earn extra items, levels, character(s), etc within a game. Maybe even access to DLC's, or at the very least access to the rewards on Club Nintendo catalog.
It has to be a two-step requirement process. You only earn Mushrooms for extra items, suits, skins, etc within a game. You earn Flowers for extra levels, extra endings, etc within a game. You earn enough Stars to get access to DLC's, and enough Platinum to get access to Club Nintendo.

For example, a DLC cost about 500 coins. You have one person who has 100 games and have earned 1 Mushroom for each which equals to 500 coins versus somebody who has 20 games but have earned 1 Star for each who also earned 500 coins. This said DLC requires at least 15 Stars in order for you to purchase this said DLC. The person who only earned all the Mushroom achievement won't have access to it.

I would imagine, they would have to set the access to Club Nintendo pretty steep

PSwii60 said:

Earning coins to let you earn extra items, levels, character(s), etc within a game. Maybe even access to DLC's, or at the very least access to the rewards on Club Nintendo catalog.
It has to be a two-step requirement process. You only earn Mushrooms for extra items, suits, skins, etc within a game. You earn Flowers for extra levels, extra endings, etc within a game. You earn enough Stars to get access to DLC's, and enough Platinum to get access to Club Nintendo.

For example, a DLC cost about 500 coins. You have one person who has 100 games and have earned 1 Mushroom for each which equals to 500 coins versus somebody who has 20 games but have earned 1 Star for each who also earned 500 coins. This said DLC requires at least 15 Stars in order for you to purchase this said DLC. The person who only earned all the Mushroom achievement won't have access to it.

I would imagine, they would have to set the access to Club Nintendo pretty steep

I really like this system!!  It seems as if you really put some thought into this.  Great job !!

Shadowfest3 said:
PSwii60 said:

I really like this system!!  It seems as if you really put some thought into this.  Great job !!

Hahah! Thnx! I'm sure Nintendo has their own plans on a Tropy/Achiement system. Nintendo is a hard read sometimes. They can come at people way in the left field.

Around the Network

Probably not - Iwata is too stubborn to "copy" ideas from rival businesses :p

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I dont think it does, I personally don't care much for trophies/achievements.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I have a ps3 but I don't like the trophy system too much as it brings the worst side of me while a gamer. Many times, I felt compelled to replay chapters in an obnoxious way just to receive a trophy, which is bad. A few months back, I realized that, which actually made me much less interested in trophies. I just finished Infamous. In this game you can either choose to play as a hero or as a villain. Obviously, there are trophies to each path. As such, I finished the game and felt completely satisfied with my choices but I couldn't get all the trophies as I haven't played as a villain. To go back to the game for the trophies would actually make my choices much less significant and so would take something from my experience.

Nintendo could try something a little different. Some medals to those who complete the game but not awards for weird moves while playing it. Also, the overall player level is totally ridiculous, as it doesn't mean anything.

Nintendo sets trends that Microsoft and Sony copy (Miis/Avatars, Motion controls, adding handles to controllers, rumble, analog sticks, dual shock,) I bet we eventually will see a screen on the PS4 and 720 controllers, Nintendo has always been the original one, so I doubt that they will rip off the achievement system, Nintendo doesnt jump on bandwagons.B)

I always thought that Trophies/Achievements were nothing more than a flimsy attempt to add replay as they remove more and more unlockable content to sell as DLC. I remember the days of playing games over and over and over to get all the levels, characters, secret weapons, easter eggs, ect. Now a days you get a trophy or an achievement, but less and less free unlockable content. I know it may sound cynical of me, but that's how I feel on the matter.

I'm the result of someone exclusively playing Final Fantasy XI from the PS2 release till 2010, and only stopping for small bouts of catch up. 

3DS Friend Code: Tate - Uh.. stuff happened... I need to get a new 3DS 

Switch FC: SW-3272-7705-6029

If you add me, please let me know so I can add you back. =D

FFXI Character: Formally Tatewaki of Cerberus, Now Arngrim Of Sylph.  Retired forever. ; ;

FFXIV Character: Tate Raken of Hyperion

All time favorite game: Chrono Trigger. 

All time favorite Manga: One piece... Followed by Ranma 1/2.