By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Colours the graphics king on Wii?

Tagged games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ias1yKLSHxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQPpWEXcOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqMevxSKiCQ

The environments are incredibly detailed, (with the high speed you'd expect things to look muddy if you slow down and take a close look, but they still look crisp and vibrant) and there's plenty of really nice effects going on and almost no visual flaws at all. I just finished the game yesterday and I reckon it takes the cake as the Wii's graphical top dog.

What say you?

Around the Network

It would certainly be on the shortlist with Galaxy 2. Not surprising, however. Sonic and the Secret Rings was pulling impressive stuff on the Wii before the console was even 5 months old.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It just goes to show you don't need a ton of graphical power to make a game look good. To me, Mario galaxy 2 maybe just beats it, but I have only seen the video's of sonic and my monitor isn't awesome, so I'll have to wait until I get to rent it.

There are some games with better graphics...Corruption, Galaxy 2, Red steel 2, Dead Space EX, Last story.....but this a damn good looking game....

I'd actually give it the edge over even the Mario Galaxy games because it pushes larger worlds and sharper textures. 

Mr Khan said:
 Sonic and the Secret Rings was pulling impressive stuff on the Wii before the console was even 5 months old.

True. Sonic & the Black Knight was very pretty as well, even if the gameplay kinda sucked.

Around the Network

Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword are in my opinion some of the best looking games on the Wii. This game does look quite good though.

I agree. It looks almost as beautiful as Generations on the HD systems. But i prefer SS or Xenoblade due to being open world. Xenoblade especially, because of those beautiful landscapes (can't say much about the fugly character models eh).

All of the Sonic games push the Wii's limits. If Generations made it to the Wii, it would probably be king, but the best would have to be Black Knight.

Machina said:

The backdrops are nice. SMG has a certain charm and sheer variety to it that's hard to beat though.

On a side note: is the gameplay as boring as it looks? It looks like the platforming equivalent of a rail shooter or something :S

No, not at all. It is a great game. It is just too short. One day or two and it is over.

But I don't think it is the best looking game on Wii. Galaxy 2 wins.

Machina said:

The backdrops are nice. SMG has a certain charm and sheer variety to it that's hard to beat though.

On a side note: is the gameplay as boring as it looks? It looks like the platforming equivalent of a rail shooter or something :S

It's like if Generations were less discrete about the division between 2d and 3d. You blast through the "running" segments fairly quickly, though there is divergence for multiple paths in some cases, and then on the other side you have the 2d sections which are quite well-thought-out, though suffer from some of the same physics problems as more recent Sonic games.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.