By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz's Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic thread!

Anyone play Osu here? That rhythm-based game on PC based off Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

@radish

No, sorry.

Whelp, until I get a new OS I'm done with vgc. Since none of mine want to cooperate. See you all when W8 comes out

I just finished watching the final episodes of season two, as well as reading through this entire thread. I have to say, I was one of those people who couldn't even comprehend how people were watching some little girl show. There was no way I was going to watch this show, but once I did I really liked it. My original thought about people watching this show were:

"I can't believe you guys. You are talking about watching a show about ponies. You should all be ashamed, even if it does have a good story. "

That being said, great thread! A lot of great videos, pictures, music, comics, and everything else! Nice work guys! ^_^

Do we know when season 3 is going to begin airing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

radishhead said:
Question of the Week! Who's your favourite pony?

It's difficult to say for me, I think it's probably Rainbow Dash :)

Rainbow Dash > AppleJack > Twilight > Fluttershy > Rarity > Pinkie Pie

I relate to AppleJack and Twilight the most, but you can't deny how awesome Rainbow Dash is. Also, I find Pinkie Pie to be very annoying at times. Sure, she is hilarious but imagine someone like that in real life.

wfz said:
Alright, I watched the first two episodes. It's clearly a well-written and well-animated show, I just don't see the huge buzz over it.

Is there a certain point in the series where it really takes off?

I was hooked after the first two episodes. They were simply epic.

radishhead said:
If you had a cutie mark, what do you think it would be?

I honestly have no idea. It sure would make it easier to know what you are supposed to do for the rest of you life. That being said, I am majoring in Computer Science, so I would assume it would be something related to that.

Runa216 said:
I honestly think my favorite part of the episode was when Big Macintosh talked, and Applejack was like "nope, ayup"

Yup. That part had me laughing. :)

TadpoleJackson said:
On another note: Guess what's on Netflix instant stream now :)

I probably wouldn't have watched the show if it wasn't. Nefflix is very convenient.

radishhead said:
Am I the only one who found the Flim Flam brothers and their song very annoying? xD

At first, no. As it went on, yes. They made it too long.

radishhead said:
Glad I'm not the only one who saw Team Rocket when the changling minions were blasting off xD

First thing I thought of.

radishhead said:

Speaking of which, how did you guys all get to watching MLP?

A combination of Pichu, Dsister, and Saber and their pony spam in the chat.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:

I just finished watching the final episodes of season two, as well as reading through this entire thread. I have to say, I was one of those people who couldn't even comprehend how people were watching some little girl show. There was no way I was going to watch this show, but once I did I really liked it. My original thought about people watching this show were:

"I can't believe you guys. You are talking about watching a show about ponies. You should all be ashamed, even if it does have a good story. "

That being said, great thread! A lot of great videos, pictures, music, comics, and everything else! Nice work guys! ^_^

Do we know when season 3 is going to begin airing?

We had you right there. That's the first step to becoming a brony. Most of us went through it at some point.

We don't know when Season 3 is coming. It's likely to start in the fall, but who knows. I believe there's also only 13 episodes confirmed so far, but there's a pretty good chance we'll see more. Nothing's been confirmed beyond that though.

And... random pony stuff, GO!

Fluttershy in Fighting is Magic! (Not sure if some of this stuff has been posted yet or not.)

Want pony icons for your desktop? Here's a good starting point. Can't find one you like? I bet you can find someone who will make it pretty quickly. Seriously.

The Bronycon documentary has become pretty massive. The kickstarter is almost over... It'll be interesting to see what they make. Tara Strong and Lauren Faust are involved, so I'm pretty sure it's the real deal.

Epic Derpy. (Seriously, check out the other stuff this guy has done.)

Because why not?

Walking on sunshine. Edit: Source!

Celestia isn't actually a troll. She needs love just like everypony else. (Not sure about source)

Sorry for the double post, but I know some of you were disappointed with the Balloon Party album. But never fear! There's a new album here to steal the show! Cowbell Party! You can never have too much cowbell. Also, please enjoy this completely unrelated cowbell song.

Around the Network

So I finally watched the first episode out of curiosity. This will be my last post here.

I just... wow. To each their own I guess. I don't nor can condemn the younger VGC community for liking My Little Pony... I just... really guys?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
So I finally watched the first episode out of curiosity. This will be my last post here.

I just... wow. To each their own I guess. I don't nor can condemn the younger VGC community for liking My Little Pony... I just... really guys?

The first episode isn't much unless you watch the second one since it completes the story.

Former something....

hatmoza said:

You have to watch the first two episodes. They go together after all.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HruKRknw8-k&feature=g-upl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Zt7vVrMDM&feature=plcp

hatmoza said:

(tl;dr: While the show is for little girls, it's not really a girly show and is just fun to watch. I like other episodes more; the first one isn't my favourite. Also, origin story of my avatar. The community makes a bunch of really cool stuff, and it's very positive.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTBgTCs-Ew

There's a lot of reasons why it's as popular as it is. Many people like the art style, which is very happy and cheerful. Many like the characters; they're not shallow or vapid and they're pretty likeable. The stories are fun; nothing too complex or anything, but they're entertaining. One episode shows a character reluctant to read, but finally picking up a book after getting stuck in a hospital, and the book is a sort of Indiana Jones style story. I'll ruin the episode for you by asking you to watch this;

Nothing super complicated, but I think it's pretty fun. (Also, that's where my avatar comes from).

A lot of people like the message of the show, which sorta teaches basic lessons about friendship and life. Things that you probably already know, but they're important nonetheless. It doesn't talk down to you about them though (barring a couple awkward episodes). The reason why it works so well is because it's sincere, and that's something that's missing from a lot of entertainment today. And a lot of people like it for the community. It's a very open and positive fanbase, which is pretty nice. Not to mention all of the artwork, music, games, and whatever else that is surprisingly good.

Here's a video from one fan game that's in development, Fighting is Magic;

This is probaly the highest quality game that's being made, but there are other projects that are of a very high quality as well.

I'm not saying that everyone should or will like the show. But it's not a really girly show, despite what you might think. I thought the same thing as you when I first heard about bronies. In the end, I tried it to see what the hell bronies were talking about, and I ended up liking the show.