By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz's Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic thread!

@Khan.

I was surprised she had so much air time too. But I guess when you have a pony as good as Rarity you might as well flaunt it.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Balloon Party and e3 on the same day? Today is going to be good :D

Around the Network

Heh, E3 has made this thread dead

now to make everyone sad :

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well Balloon Party sucked. Was meant to be a celebration of pony music in all the possible hardcore styles from orchestral to death metal, and it turned out to be 50 dubstep tracks and a bunch of disappointed people who didn't make the arbitrary cut (flame war in progress on IRC).

Pony music is so elitist but ironically is less outstanding than when these people didn't have big names. They now feel they have to spend months tweaking every sound to be "professional", then the final product is an experimental wash only other musicians can appreciate. Rakes in the EqD views on name alone and repeat.

Soleron said:

Well Balloon Party sucked. Was meant to be a celebration of pony music in all the possible hardcore styles from orchestral to death metal, and it turned out to be 50 dubstep tracks and a bunch of disappointed people who didn't make the arbitrary cut (flame war in progress on IRC).

Pony music is so elitist but ironically is less outstanding than when these people didn't have big names. They now feel they have to spend months tweaking every sound to be "professional", then the final product is an experimental wash only other musicians can appreciate. Rakes in the EqD views on name alone and repeat.

:(

That's the opposite of what I want to hear. I just hit spent 4 hours downloading it. =/

Are there any redeeming songs on it at all?

@Mr. Khan

That is now my favorite Applebloom comic. So great...

Mr Khan said:
Heh, E3 has made this thread dead

now to make everyone sad :

D:

Came to bump this on my forum buddy, and I see this!

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
TadpoleJackson said:
Soleron said:

:(

That's the opposite of what I want to hear. I just hit spent 4 hours downloading it. =/

Are there any redeeming songs on it at all?

I can't tell. If you like the very narrow genre it contains, probably yes. The reaction on EqD looks good. I was just hoping for it to be a wider compliation album because of its stated goal.

I liked Stormwolf's the most I guess, until it got to the dubstep.

*sigh*

After listening to Baloon Party, I have to agree with Soleron, it's a pretty big let down. Also looks like I won't be buying any new games for the next year either. Underwhelming day overall =/

At least I have some old school anime to watch to make up for it

I need cheering up after that underwhelming E3- someone please post ponies :(

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

Don't worry bro, give me a minute to find that Cupcake video for you. =3

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
radishhead said:

Don't worry bro, give me a minute to find that Cupcake video for you. =3

Watch me on YouTube!