By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz's Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic thread!

TadpoleJackson said:
radishhead said:
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Who's the number 1 donator to the Humblebundle charity? Why, a huge group of 1000+ bronies! :D

https://twitter.com/HumbleBrony

Notch retook it.

Great pics Final Fan :D

Nooo! D: 

+ Just finished looking at all the pics/watching all the videos - that's a really impressive collection, Final Fan xD I don't really explore that many meme sites, so I don't have any to share I'm afraid

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

+ I'm very happy that you'd rather post your collection of images in this thread than reading the mafia thread! ;P

Watch me on YouTube!

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

All right.  I have found something ... beautiful, I think, is an appropriate description.  There is a certain comic someone made, which tells a story that happens to explain a mythology the author created about just what exactly went on with Nightmare Moon 1000 years ago.  Someone else turned it into a video (three parts) and set it to music.  You can read the comic and then watch the videos, or just watch the videos and pause when you need time to read the text, and then see the comic later for the little details you missed but will appreciate.  I'm not sure which way would give a more powerful first experience.  It probably depends on the individual -- how fast they read and how much pausing would disrupt their experience. 

If you have a little time, experience it now.  (Go to YouTube if you need a larger screen to read the text -- it's necessary.  Full-screen doesn't seem to work for me from the embedded video, though it works with the non-YT one.)

The original comic:  (btw, the author claims this music is "hardcore mode" accompaniment to the reading)

4 (don't worry, the video part 3 covers this too)

You watched/read it?  Good then, you can go back to whatever you were doing that wasn't as fulfilling.

[edit:  Just because this post is so long, here's a link to the top of it in case you read the comic first and now want to see the video.]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

That comic actually goes against my own headcanon, as it's called -- it's their parents. I mean, it's not that they necessarily don't HAVE parents, but it definitely seems "off" for them to still have been playing an active role in the world by that time.

Nevertheless, that is such a powerful work that it's still required reading for those who get anything out of fan art.

Speaking of which, no offense to you budding authors, but in my opinion, aside from its being relatively short and incomplete, this is the best thing on fimfiction that I've read:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/16358/My-Choices:-Twisted-Tales-Through-Time

Time travel, Twilight, Luna, TRIXIE, everything about this story is done excellently.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Amazing stuff, right there. Not quite how i would have told it (i'm in the process of storyboarding a fic involving Celestia's and Luna's origins, and am debating either having them be parentless or being hybrid children of existing pony nobility, because something has to be done to acknowledge the other royals that seem to be running around still, like Blueblood and Cadence), but tremendous in the telling

also, what's the deal with this one?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Amazing stuff, right there. Not quite how i would have told it (i'm in the process of storyboarding a fic involving Celestia's and Luna's origins, and am debating either having them be parentless or being hybrid children of existing pony nobility, because something has to be done to acknowledge the other royals that seem to be running around still, like Blueblood and Cadence), but tremendous in the telling

also, what's the deal with this one?

It's an alteration of one with a horse instead of Celestia.  But it's just the same thing (even the background) only with a brown horse instead of Celestia -- still just random upside-down humor. 

About the pony nobility, I don't think Blueblood is an alicorn, so it can easily have some odd historical explanation, like some random pony kingdom getting folded into their realm.  After all, the Hearth's Warming Eve story told of Princess Platinum ... who can be assumed to be a unicorn due to the whole three tribe thing.  Cadance is tougher, being an alicorn (which it's my understanding wasn't originally the plan). 

Final-Fan said:

It's an alteration of one with a horse instead of Celestia.  But it's just the same thing (even the background) only with a brown horse instead of Celestia -- still just random upside-down humor. 

About the pony nobility, I don't think Blueblood is an alicorn, so it can easily have some odd historical explanation, like some random pony kingdom getting folded into their realm.  After all, the Hearth's Warming Eve story told of Princess Platinum ... who can be assumed to be a unicorn due to the whole three tribe thing.  Cadance is tougher, being an alicorn (which it's my understanding wasn't originally the plan). 

The major problem with Cadence (as, i think it was Tadpole Jackson, speculated in this thread) is if we take the whole "Niece" thing literally, then she has to be Luna's daughter, which is in turn most likely impossible due to the Nightmare Moon thing (because Cadence looks younger in her flashbacks with Twilight, meaning she's aging at a somewhat normal rate, and thus is likely only some years older than the Mane Cast).

The whole Cadence thing is a bit of a blemish on a show that has generally put a good deal of focus on continuity.

The core idea i'm playing with for my maybe-someday fic is that Celestia and Luna were deliberately made as living weapons to fight Discord with consent of the ruling triumvirate of Equestria (Earth Pony Chancellor + Pegasus General + Unicorn Monarchy), and that these "royal others" are long-line descendents of the latter, with some interbreeding going on creating a rare Alicorn in Cadence.

I'll just drop this here

Source: http://fav.me/d527wls

Edit: heh, didn't expect it to shrink that much

Rarity's surprisingly high on that list.

TadpoleJackson said:

I'll just drop this here

Source: http://fav.me/d527wls

Edit: heh, didn't expect it to shrink that much

That's really interesting- I'm surprised by the number of episodes that have very little (or in some cases, literally none) time with Spike in them

Watch me on YouTube!