By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope denounces U.S. political push to legalize gay marriage

the catholic church has been around for about 2012 years. As an institution nothing or nobody has been able to topple or destroy it yet. It has lived passed the Roman Empire, the rule of England, and so forth. If you disagree with its teachings (main tenants of faith have not changed since Jesus), then go get a box of tissues and cry yourself another 2012 years.

Around the Network

makingmusic476; Do you call anyone you disagree with bigots? Your being a bigot yourself against Catholics. Catholic hate and discrimination is also bigotry.

Majority of people hate Catholics, if you want to see a true Christian Jesus was the prime example. The majority of the world hates Christians, would like to kill/crucify them, disagree with their beliefs. When I get on peoples nerves atleast I know I must be doing something right.

marioboy2004 said:
Majority of people hate Catholics, if you want to see a true Christian Jesus was the prime example. The majority of the world hates Christians, would like to kill/crucify them, disagree with their beliefs. When I get on peoples nerves atleast I know I must be doing something right.

you know who would diagree with that sentence?

Christians

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

marioboy2004 said:
makingmusic476; Do you call anyone you disagree with bigots? Your being a bigot yourself against Catholics. Catholic hate and discrimination is also bigotry.

Sorry, I should have said *certain* Catholics.  

And claiming that I dislike certain actions isn't a problem when I have valid reasoning for disliking them.  Because such actions are choices that only cause harm to or infringe upon the rights of others.

The ultimate issue here is that Catholics, in opposing same sex marriage, do not do so because such opposition provides some sort of net benefit to society, but rather because an old book that just as often glorifies the immoral as it glorifies the moral tells them to.

I'd highly recommend watching this video on that subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSS-88ShJfo&feature=BFa&list=PL0EFCB22DFCD4F2E7&lf=plpp_play_all

Though I'd recommend watching all three videos.

Around the Network

the Amazing thing is Catholic church will out live everyone in this forum.. and their children.. and their childrens children.. all these hate on Catholics is nothing new.. nothing can stop it as Jesus has promised. This generation will pass.. and atheist will find new battlegrounds to hate on Catholics.. its just cycle.

hahahahaha Kowen got owned by Kasz216....

Wont wana get into a argument with you Kasz

O.T : Dont see the big deal about this, we all know the stance of Catholicism on gay/lesbian marriage. This is just the pope's way of making that stance clear and perhaps rallying politicians to not give in easily.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BluGamer23 said:
the Amazing thing is Catholic church will out live everyone in this forum.. and their children.. and their childrens children.. all these hate on Catholics is nothing new.. nothing can stop it as Jesus has promised. This generation will pass.. and atheist will find new battlegrounds to hate on Catholics.. its just cycle.

1. How could jesus promise that nothing could stop catholicism if it didnt even exist in hes time? People so often forget that Jesus was jewish, and never really denounced being one.

2. Such an unfair statement to make about atheists. People grouping atheists, religions etc. into one stereotypical representation is the biggest problem in this thread and perhaps one of the biggest problems the world has.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
BluGamer23 said:

1. How could jesus promise that nothing could stop catholicism if it didnt even exist in hes time? People so often forget that Jesus was jewish, and never really denounced being one.

2. Such an unfair statement to make about atheists. People grouping atheists, religions etc. into one stereotypical representation is the biggest problem in this thread and perhaps one of the biggest problems the world has.

Well he clearly states that he believes the Atheists will out-live everyone as well.

Sounds good enough to me

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

marioboy2004 said:
the catholic church has been around for about 2012 years. As an institution nothing or nobody has been able to topple or destroy it yet. It has lived passed the Roman Empire, the rule of England, and so forth. If you disagree with its teachings (main tenants of faith have not changed since Jesus), then go get a box of tissues and cry yourself another 2012 years.

Do not claim that Jesus would condone discrimination and bigotry, you are essentially spitting right in his face. The Catholic Church DOES NOT represent his teachings, especially on gay marriage.