By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overrated Series?**UPDATE**

ZaP~ said:
Can't talk about Halo, because i've played really few time in that game, but the small amount i played impressed me, maybe was just luck, maybe not, so i can't agree or deny about Halo.

CoD, GTA, Infamous, Uncharted and LBP cross to my mind thinking about overrated. The first one if not online doesn't worth a cent, the second and third bored me. Uncharted is a weird choice since i loved the first two, but the third was my biggest dissapoint in the 2011 :(. LBP had a lot of great ideas, you can create a lot of levels, but if the gameplay besides creating isn't fun the created scenes are hard to enjoy and that happened to me.

Why does everyone think Halo is over-rated? Being milked is different from over-rated, I think Halo is one of the best FPS's of all time, and Halo 3/Reach are also probably the best FPS's this gen. Other then CoD, it's the only FPS worth playing online.

Also InFamous? You crazy. LBP, GTA, CoD, and even Uncharted I understand, but InFamous? It's metascore is like 8.5-9/10, it's not particularly high, sales aren't particularly exceptional, and I think it's deserving of those scores/sales.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
realsubzero said:
Ok my two cents:

Halo, definately is one on the most overated series out there. My reasons? i found the single player very boring. Didnt like how it felt when you shoot. I didnt like the way microsoft allowed bungie to release a sub HD game on a HD console, when they insisted on every other company make their games at least 720p. Halo 3 was not even close. ( Although i do know microsoft have allowed loads of titles since then sub HD, but at the time they didnt).

I always found the gameplay shallow in single player, but i did really enjoy multiplayer.

COD. I was a huge fan up until black ops, and then i realized how stupid i was to keep giving activision 50 bucks for the same game, year in year out, its the same reason i stopped buying fifa and pro evo and guitar hero, it got ridiculous.

Elder Scrolls???? now i have to admit that im not an RPG fan, i find them boring, ZELDA is probably as far into RPG as i would go, and i konw its more of an adventure game than RPG. But i found Elder Scrolls very dull and boring, even graphically.

Gran Turismo. I just found the driving mechanic boring. Slow paced.

Zelda OOC (just ocarina, not the series as a whole). I am a massive zelda fan, one of the biggest, but i simply cannot warm to this game. I konw most people will think i am mad, but i really didnt like it. I found the dungeons too small. Camera was a huge hinderence. Some very very obscure puzzles that didnt make sense and i found myself completing them mainly by accident. yet i love the rest of the series,

Again, only my own opinions, not trying to offend anyone who loves any of the above, everyone has different tastes. I for one love Mortal Kombat, but im sure there are plenty of people who would smack me for that.

Lots of early 360 games were sub HD and upscaled. Don't hate Halo for that, the game isn't a graphics wh**e, it's a multiplayer gameplay machine.

CoD is also excellent, just not worth getting every single damn year. Every FPS fan should own at least 1 copy of CoD.

Gran Turismo is a SIM. It's not too great of a game because it's really geared toward car nuts. This is why it's metascore is 84/100, and Forza games typically score above 90/100.

When did you first play OoT? It was huge in 1997, but compared to games now, I agree. My girlfriend can't play TP because of clunky controls and akward camera's, but Skyward Sword she loves. Majora's Mask is my favorite, but OoT is my #2.

I agree about Elder Scrolls though, but to be fair there is a lot of content for a $60 purchase. It's one of those games worth buying if you are on a limited budget.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just justifying those games. Fable.....has no justification, it's just shit (after 1).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

I thought infamous was pretty bad, considering so many people raved on about it. So is God of War to me, hack n slash, I just can't seem to stand them. Also Final Fantasy, my experience of the games was boring, the movies however, were fun as hell. Also Mario and Zelda, really can't seem to like those either, and to some extent Gears as well, multiplayer is nothing but a bunch of assholes rolling around with shotguns and single player is just.. terrible, yet to play 3, but I couldn't stand the first one, and second one was just as bad.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

*Insert popular game that is on a console I don't care for or that I think is stealing thunder from a game I believe is more worthy*

That is the most overrated game of all time. I'm sure most of you followed the above model

There was a time I would have said COD but then I actually played them and found out they are pretty awesome.

yo_john117 said:
*Insert popular game that is on a console I don't care for or that I think is stealing thunder from a game I believe is more worthy*

That is the most overrated game of all time. I'm sure most of you followed the above model

There was a time I would have said COD but then I actually played them and found out they are pretty awesome.

wow you  really put me in my place /s

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
ZaP~ said:
Can't talk about Halo, because i've played really few time in that game, but the small amount i played impressed me, maybe was just luck, maybe not, so i can't agree or deny about Halo.

CoD, GTA, Infamous, Uncharted and LBP cross to my mind thinking about overrated. The first one if not online doesn't worth a cent, the second and third bored me. Uncharted is a weird choice since i loved the first two, but the third was my biggest dissapoint in the 2011 :(. LBP had a lot of great ideas, you can create a lot of levels, but if the gameplay besides creating isn't fun the created scenes are hard to enjoy and that happened to me.

Why does everyone think Halo is over-rated? Being milked is different from over-rated, I think Halo is one of the best FPS's of all time, and Halo 3/Reach are also probably the best FPS's this gen. Other then CoD, it's the only FPS worth playing online.

Also InFamous? You crazy. LBP, GTA, CoD, and even Uncharted I understand, but InFamous? It's metascore is like 8.5-9/10, it's not particularly high, sales aren't particularly exceptional, and I think it's deserving of those scores/sales.

I dont believe Halo is over-rated, in fact the time i played was great, but it was not enough time to judge de series.

Infamous 1 i can agree, but for the second it was highly praised as the Infamous without all the things went wrong in the first game

But, i can agree that really it isn't in the same group as the other games

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

NotStan said:
I thought infamous was pretty bad, considering so many people raved on about it. So is God of War to me, hack n slash, I just can't seem to stand them. Also Final Fantasy, my experience of the games was boring, the movies however, were fun as hell. Also Mario and Zelda, really can't seem to like those either, and to some extent Gears as well, multiplayer is nothing but a bunch of assholes rolling around with shotguns and single player is just.. terrible, yet to play 3, but I couldn't stand the first one, and second one was just as bad.

So....what do you play on consoles then? You basically eliminated all the big exclusives right there

ZaP~ said:
Michael-5 said:
ZaP~ said:

I dont believe Halo is over-rated, in fact the time i played was great, but it was not enough time to judge de series.

Infamous 1 i can agree, but for the second it was highly praised as the Infamous without all the things went wrong in the first game

But, i can agree that really it isn't in the same group as the other games

Ahh I haven't played InFamous 2 yet, my PS3 broke a while back so I had to borrow one to get Uncharted 2 done. PS4 is just around the corner, so no point blowing $250 on a PS3 and delay my PS4 purchase when I have played most of the PS3 exclusives (except sequels to ones I already beat, like InFamous).

I don't think Halo is overrated. Pretty much everyone knows what to expect from a Halo game.

At-least the campaign is legible unlike Call of Duty's and the game engine gets improvements.

I would have to say that the most overrated game has to be Crysis. - The meme "But can it run Crysis?" was abused beyond belief, many believed it to be one of the best games on the planet.
Well the Graphics were the only saving grace, the story was fairly boring and forgettable and the multi-player was less than enjoyable for me.
Still. It made one heck of a good benchmark for PC enthusiasts to smash.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

When you ask people to list the most overhyped games, you immediately preclude all but the most popular titles; which is evident by looking at the few, continually repeated names in most of the answers.
It's a misguided and biased question right from the start, which is why you have 10+ pages of people listing which of the 'popular' games they personally don't like and why they don't like it.
different question completely.

classic example of a bad thread.