By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Man, I'm longing for the week to begin so that I can get my Nintendo news fix :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:

Finally, some news to report!!!

How the uPad will be used in Assassin's Creed 3.

The tablet controller for the Wii U will link to the “Animus” in Assassin’s Creed 3. This allows the player to use the second display as an on-screen map and navigation tool, and check out helpful entries in the database as they pop up on the screen without interrupting the flow of the game. There’s quick-weapon switching (including the ability to switch from dual-wielding to single-wielding and vice versa) and the ability to use the screen as a view for Eagle Vision. In this view, you control the camera with the accelerometer.

http://www.nintengen.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-3-new-wii-u-details.html

I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game before, but I'm really interested in the Wii U version.  Actually I think I'm more interesting in this new game because it's set in the Revolutionary War, but I'm going to wait to get it on the Wii U. 

You fooled me.. I thought it was about Animal Crossing... Instead it was about Assassin's Creed. Oh well, I'll maybe keep my eye on that game. Possibly pick up new on Amazon at a reduced price months after release.

Could the same be said when we start getting rapid fire mode news updates that you might not be able to keep up?

O those will be the days.....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Thanks to a generous donation by Spurge, there is more news to report. 

Developer interview

NFO: Have you thought about developing for the Wii U's app store? Some of your games seem well suited to the Wii U's tablet screen.

HS: Yeah, rumor has it that if you know how to develop for the 3DS it will be quite a small step to develop for Wii U. So maybe I will make something on there… but that’s still far away! 
I would be happy all ready to just get a 3DS game out the door ;)

Read the full interview here: http://www.nintendofansonline.co.uk/2012/03/interview-ace-mathician-developer-hugo.html

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
HernanDRS said:

Hey guys, for those who are not good at math, 50% and 2x may be actually the same. The words around them makes the difference:

Xbox 360: 100% the power, lets say 100 Teraflops.
Wii U: 50% MORE powerful, it is going to be 200 Teraflops(not 150 Teraflops).
Wii U 2x the power, still, 200 Teraflops(people often understand this sentence as 200 Teraflops).

Let me explain:

50% MORE powerful, means that we have 100 Teraflops as the base power, we need to divide / with 50%(PER CENT) and we get 200 Teraflops. Do the math in any calc and you will see.

2x The power, you only need to take the 100 Teraflops, multiply with 2, and you get 200 Teraflops.

¿Why it is not 150 Teraflops?

It is because 50 Teraflops, is not the real 50% diference between the base 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 an the "what we believed" future Wii U 150 Teraflops. The diference between 100 and 150 is only 33%, you need to take the 100 Teraflops of the Xbox 360 and divide it with 67%(PER CENT) in your calc and you will get 149.xxxxx, a number very close to 150.

And i voted for the "Who cares" option in the poll.

I'm too drunk to understand....

It's not hard to understand. Saying that something is twice as powerful as something else means that it is 100 % more powerful.

If the base level is 100 and you add 50 % (multiply by 1.5), you get 150. If the base level is 100 and you add 100 % (multiply by 2), you get 200.

So what you read above is either a longwinded joke or the result of a lacking educational system.

You fell in the mistake most of people do. You said "If you add 50%". When you add 50% of power, you are not twice as powerful. If you say it is 50% more powerful, it is twice the power. It is similar when you are charged for taxes and when the merchant add his share for profit:

If you buy something for 80 dollars, you want a profit of 20% and you pay a tax of 20%, you will be selling it at 120 dollars.

The product cost me 80 dollars, i want to sell it with a profit of 20%, you dont add 1.20(Youll get, 96 dollars). You divide 80 dollars for 80%(the other 20% is your profit), and you get the final price of 100 dollars.

The product costs 100 dollars, it has a tax of 20%, you will get a final price of 120 dollars cause you ADD them, you multiply it for 1.2.

When you say it is 50% more powerful, you get that something is 100% as the base, the other one is twice the power, 200%. Out of 200, 100 is the 50%(base) and the other 100 is the 50%(more powerful).

I care, but i think im just tired of the drip feed in news.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm at work, so it's hard to post news here ;) and when I get home most of it has all ready been posted

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Will Eagle vision be comfortable to play with the controller? Not interested in Ass either way.

We need more juicy Wii U news!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I like the new Asscreed environments, as nature is something I prefer over cities so I might actually buy this game.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(