By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

First off, World of Warcraft? That is too crazy to be true. If this is true, then Wii U will sell like hotcakes. It will be interesting to see what the tablet controller would be in a MMO, but World of Warcraft, come on!

Next, a Professor Layton game? What is this, a mash up of all the games added into one?

Okamiden HD? Really?

Now NFL Blitz does seem believeable, but really?

A Fluidity sequel would be great, but a Mario Strikers game as a downable title is just something I can't imagine.

Red Steel 2? Now that just crazy.

Phantasy Star Online 2. Whoever made this is just going crazy now.

Overall, this is nonsense is some ways more than one. Most of these titles don't even make sense. If Wii U had all of these titles, then Nintendo would instanly sell millions in pre-orders alone. I don't believe this.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Ok, I'm not even sure I should post this, because the contents within this is so unbelieveable. But, here it goes...
Rumor: Major Wii U eShop Games Leak Includes World of Warcraft, CounterStrike & more

A source close to Dual Pixels that has insider knowledge of Nintendo has revealed to us a major Wii U eShop leak featuring titles scheduled for launch and some that are in production for the platform. Wii U, launching this Fall is Nintendo's most technologically advanced console to date with horsepower that rivals PS3 and Xbox 360 allowing our current HD experiences to be recreated on the upcoming console. According to our source, developers are taking note of the opportunities Nintendo presents with Wii U, given the superior processing power that was unavailable on the original Wii. The Wii U eShop leak below contains titles from a suite of publishers including Nintendo themselves, EA, Capcom, Square Enix, Activision, Valve, and more.

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5

* Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision

* Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
* Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)
* World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom

* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
* Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)

* Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
* NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
* Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
* Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
* Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games

* Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Namco Bandai

* Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
* Meteos (Namco Bandai)
* Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon

* Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo

* Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa

* Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA

* Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
* Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
* Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
* Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Spicy Horse

* Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix

* Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
* Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)

Telltale Games

* The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft

* UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
* Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
* I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve

* Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)
* DotA 2 (Valve)

Now you can tell this is from NeoGaf.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467081
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173965

I'm ready to call bullshit on this one, but if it's true it'll be the greatest launch ever!!!1

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Ok, I'm not even sure I should post this, because the contents within this is so unbelieveable. But, here it goes...
Rumor: Major Wii U eShop Games Leak Includes World of Warcraft, CounterStrike & more

A source close to Dual Pixels that has insider knowledge of Nintendo has revealed to us a major Wii U eShop leak featuring titles scheduled for launch and some that are in production for the platform. Wii U, launching this Fall is Nintendo's most technologically advanced console to date with horsepower that rivals PS3 and Xbox 360 allowing our current HD experiences to be recreated on the upcoming console. According to our source, developers are taking note of the opportunities Nintendo presents with Wii U, given the superior processing power that was unavailable on the original Wii. The Wii U eShop leak below contains titles from a suite of publishers including Nintendo themselves, EA, Capcom, Square Enix, Activision, Valve, and more.

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5

* Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

This would reinvigorate the franchise! Not everybody has a DS or 3DS, so this would be a good downloadable title.

Activision

* Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
* Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)
* World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

I totally called the Wii U being used for MMOs! The controller allows for more versatile input than anything else in the history of gaming. If this suceeds, expect console MMOs to become a semi-big thing. Also, Activision would want to cash in on Goldeneye again.

Capcom

* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
* Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Once again, this would be a great way to cash in! I'd love to play Okamiden with proper analog control!

Electronic Arts (EA)

* Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
* NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
* Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
* Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
* Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Standard stuff, but cool

Gaijan Games

* Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Bit Trip is getting a sequel series? Cool!

Nintendo

* Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Nice to see Nintendo putting some effort into 1st party downloadable titles!
Sabarasa

* Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA

* Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
* Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
* Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
* Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

That would explain what happened to Rodea! It would also explain why Sonic 4 Episode 2 was not announced for the Wii.

Ubisoft

* UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
* Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
* I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Great to see Red Steel 2 getting another chance! I wonder if it will support traditional controls, and if so, how.

What I bolded above. I can realistically see this stuff being true. If World of Warcraft suceeds on the Wii U, expect more multiplatform MMOs! This could be the next big thing!

Love and tolerate.

DanneSandin said:

I'm ready to call bullshit on this one, but if it's true it'll be the greatest launch ever!!!1

For third party offering on Nintendo system perhaps.  I believe the GCN had the best launch line up so far.   Having Smash Bros Melee at launch was huge and that was easily my most played title of that generation (with Phantasy Star Online and Mario Kart: Double Dash coming in right behind).  On top of Smash you had Luigi's Mansion, Star Wars Rogue Squadron II, Super Monkey Ball (back when the first two titles rocked), etc...

Edit - Wait a sec PSO 2 at launch...

Jumpin said:
DanneSandin said:
Play4Fun said:
Gilmour said:

Here's some other colors found on the same website

This looks like it might become self-aware and kill you in your sleep.

Anyways, I hope Nintendo has the console available in at least two colors, white and black, at launch.

Wouldn't that be awesome! ...Except the killing part...

It looks like Cylon technology.

Reminds me of a Reaper.  I think we are all about to get indoctrinated.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

Yeah I also think we can at least say  WiiU is 2x the power of the 360. 5x is a bit to much and everyone saying its only 50% more powerful is dreaming IMHO.  I mean PS3 and 360 are constantly running at crappy 1024x576 and stuff like that and WiiU is supposed to run at real 1080p. Plus it has newer tech with newer effects etc which is also saving some power to get similar results.

About your CPU thing are you sure about that? I know PC technology is not exactly like console tech  and of cource Intel is not IBM but my 2008 2x3.16 GHZ Intel C2D E8500  is exactly as fast as my 2011 lower clocked 2x2,66  Intel core i3 390m Laptop CPU and thats 3 years difference and not to forget DESKTOP vs MOBILE CPU. Don't you think you are underestimating the CPU a bit? 

BTW Do you know what it costs to make a 360 or any other console etc? Is there a site listing stuff like that including comparisons between what does it cost to make XY in 2009 vs 2010 vs 2011 etc?

The only "industry rumour" I heard says that MS makes $115 from a $300 XBox360 sale. Now this does not make much sense for Europe, as you note that X360s sell at much lower prices in Europe than in the States. I'd guess the manufacturing costs for the initial batches of Slims were indeed in the $180 ballpark (processor yields) and are now in the $150 ballpark (-better yields, +higher labour costs). But I don't really care much.

As for processors: it is difficult to increase performance with each new generation. Every generation is designed using the latest tricks, and at some point, you are running out of new tricks. So your "net gain" in performance is 10% here, 10% there, nut never double or triple the old one. At some point, you hit a wall with your clock rates and tricks.  It is absolutely impossible to make a console processor with 5 times the performance of the PS360 processor, as these processors already have hit design walls.

Also Nintendo does not manufacture consoles with top-notch technology in mind. They design consoles with "interface ideas" (WiiMote, WiiU tablet...) and design the hardware to be able to just do those tricks, not outperfom other stuff. For what the WiiU promises, a CPU 50% better than a PS360 CPU (in combination with a custom GPU in the AMD 5570 ballpark) is good enough.

What can we expect?

DarkTemplar said:

What can we expect?

I expect the same old rumors and what we alrdy know over and over again. Games: Darksiders 2, pikmin3, alien, batman, blablabla... Tech: Numbers that we can alrdy see on the internet, nothing confirmed... Price: They SHOULD launch it with a cost of.... because....

I hope I'm wrong cause I'm rly in huge need of new concrete wiiu news. But sadly, after nothing at tech expo, nothing at GDC and nothing from nintendo's direct I think I was disapointed so many times that whenever I hear that we should getting new wiiu news soon I now call bullshit.

Also when is that magazine coming out?

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
DarkTemplar said:

What can we expect?

I expect the same old rumors and what we alrdy know over and over again. Games: Darksiders 2, pikmin3, alien, batman, blablabla... Tech: Numbers that we can alrdy see on the internet, nothing confirmed... Price: They SHOULD launch it with a cost of.... because....

I hope I'm wrong cause I'm rly in huge need of new concrete wiiu news. But sadly, after nothing at tech expo, nothing at GDC and nothing from nintendo's direct I think I was disapointed so many times that whenever I hear that we should getting new wiiu news soon I now call bullshit.

Isn't it in this issue of Nintendo-Gamer that we should see AC3 Wii U screenshots?

Gilmour said:
Metrium said:
DarkTemplar said:

What can we expect?

Isn't it in this issue of Nintendo-Gamer that we should see AC3 Wii U screenshots?

Oh yeah, I think it is, not sure if it will be actual wiiu screenshots or simply ps3/xbox360 screenshots, and I hope that if its actual wiiu screenshots that we will be able to see a noticeable difference between wiiu and other consoles. Sadly I think its gonna be a other letdown but im still looking foward to it.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)