By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

New Dragon Quest X trailer showing off enhanced visuals for Wii-U:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/08/dragon-quest-x-wii-u-trailer-shows-off-its-enhanced-visuals/

Direct link to the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_3Oxqd6MMY

Around the Network

Well, well, well. I think I've found something that may interest a few of us here in Europe.

Yesterday I read that Amazon.co.uk reduced the price of the Wii U consoles... and  it's true! Basic model:  £199.00  Premium: £249.00

That translates to about 290 € for the Premium one which I was very tempted to get until I remembered that UK power sockets are different from the spanish ones, and I don't want to rely on an adaptor for 5+ years, so I looked at Amazon.es to see if they did the same and ... no, it's still the same price than before, 287 and 335 €. Bummer

So, just for curiosity, I decided to check the rest of the european stores and found this:

Amazon.fr : Basic_ 269 € Premium_ 318 €

Amazon.de : Basic_ 229 € Premium_  311 €

Amazon.it : Basic_ 229 € Premium_ 279 €!

So... a couple of thoughts:

1-Why do you hate us, Amazon.es?

2-Which kind of socket do you use, italians?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It`s the first time i regret buying a console at launch. First it was that GAME deal, now this... :(

New info about the Wii U version of Project Cars!

PROJECT CARS Wii U RUNS AT 720p 30fps, WILL "LOOK & FEEL AMAZING"

The Wii U version of Project Cars, the hotly anticipated sim racer come graphical showcase, will 'likely' run at 720p, 30fps on Nintendo’s newest machine.

The Wii U version of Project Cars, the hotly anticipated sim racer come graphical showcase, will 'likely' run at 720p, 30fps on Nintendo’s newest machine.

There had been speculation surrounding the title and whether it would push out Full HD graphics on Nintendo’s console.

Now Slightly Mad Studios Creative Director Andy Tudor has gone told NowGamer the title will probably run in 720p but will ‘look and feel amazing’.

He said: “We always prefer to aim for 30fps generally in order to keep gameplay-specific features like having more cars on track or better weather effects etc.

“So that’s standard across all consoles, and we’re more likely to utilize the native 720p support of the Wii U for launch especially since our physics and rendering systems demand a lot of processing power in order to deliver a truly next-gen experience.

“All you need to know is that when you get the game, it’ll look and feel amazing and you’ll want to show it off to your friends.”

To read the full interview with Tudor including how the studio plans to use the Gamepad and the ‘sandbox’ style of the game as well as the number of tracks, dynamic weather and AI, keep checking back to NowGamer as we’ll be putting it up soon.

So... what do you think?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Well, well, well. I think I've found something that may interest a few of us here in Europe.

Yesterday I read that Amazon.co.uk reduced the price of the Wii U consoles... and  it's true! Basic model:  £199.00  Premium: £249.00

That translates to about 290 € for the Premium one which I was very tempted to get until I remembered that UK power sockets are different from the spanish ones, and I don't want to rely on an adaptor for 5+ years, so I looked at Amazon.es to see if they did the same and ... no, it's still the same price than before, 287 and 335 €. Bummer

So, just for curiosity, I decided to check the rest of the european stores and found this:

Amazon.fr : Basic_ 269 € Premium_ 318 €

Amazon.de : Basic_ 229 € Premium_  311 €

Amazon.it : Basic_ 229 € Premium_ 279 €!

So... a couple of thoughts:

1-Why do you hate us, Amazon.es?

2-Which kind of socket do you use, italians?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

^Thanks.

What a pitty that they don't use the standard european socket. And only 10A? That could be another problem.

Oh, well. Luckily I'm a patient man.

Have an offer of a brand new Wii-u, in the box basic model for 179euros... I'm slightly short of cash atm but could afford it, only thing is it's a launch day basic model so it has no games and it would likely stay that way for a while. I wouldn't mind if anyone has thoughts on if this should be bought up since it's cheap or I was thinking of waiting until smash/mario kart 8 drops thinking that there could be a bundle which has that game included when they launch.

The launch white model thing... I know it takes a few hours to update from the net and such but is it easy to upgrade the fact that it just has the 8gb of storage space? Got a 250gb xbox and love having my games installed on it.... is that even an option yet with the Wii-U? All of the stuff I've seen about it is games so far and I think there is enough there to warrant me paying for it, but I have no real idea about the hardware of the console itself.

(I'm not wrong btw am I? the launch white system is just the console with no games?)

- I do have a ton of Wii games I know it's compatible with but yeah my 2 options to buy one are 32gb model with NSMBU for 230euros or this White model with nada for 179... don't want to miss a deal but equally don't want to buy a system which gets a price drop before the big guns drop for it.

Really appreciate anyone who bothers to read this or reply btw, like I said I'm torn between it being cheap and me being kinda skint atm.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

Have an offer of a brand new Wii-u, in the box basic model for 179euros... I'm slightly short of cash atm but could afford it, only thing is it's a launch day basic model so it has no games and it would likely stay that way for a while. I wouldn't mind if anyone has thoughts on if this should be bought up since it's cheap or I was thinking of waiting until smash/mario kart 8 drops thinking that there could be a bundle which has that game included when they launch.

The launch white model thing... I know it takes a few hours to update from the net and such but is it easy to upgrade the fact that it just has the 8gb of storage space? Got a 250gb xbox and love having my games installed on it.... is that even an option yet with the Wii-U? All of the stuff I've seen about it is games so far and I think there is enough there to warrant me paying for it, but I have no real idea about the hardware of the console itself.

(I'm not wrong btw am I? the launch white system is just the console with no games?)

- I do have a ton of Wii games I know it's compatible with but yeah my 2 options to buy one are 32gb model with NSMBU for 230euros or this White model with nada for 179... don't want to miss a deal but equally don't want to buy a system which gets a price drop before the big guns drop for it.

Really appreciate anyone who bothers to read this or reply btw, like I said I'm torn between it being cheap and me being kinda skint atm.

if you already have a external HDD (with its own power supply remember), then the basic for 180 is a very good deal, if not buy the 32gb model+game for 230.

i dont think Mario kart will be bundled right away. they will wait for christmas, but unnoficial bundles are always there.

ganoncrotch said:

In reality, the storage space on the white Wii U Basic is about 3gb, and the black Premium is about 25gb. Both models will take an external storage device (Nintendo recommended external storage devices) but you're looking at at least 70 euros extra for one of those.

For me, the 32gb with the game would be the better deal - it's more than adequate for installing the smaller games you can get from the eshop, and I prefer using discs to having more wires and power sockets in use. But it depends on how much you value being able to fully install your games, I guess. 

this thread just died XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3