Jesus 136 39.19%

Mohammed 158 45.53%

Equal 53 15.27%

Total:347
ProdigyBam said:
Marks said:
Cirio said:
Marks said:

I'm probably going to sound ignorant saying this, but didn't Muhummad say things like it was okay to harm/kill non-Muslims and encouraged violence against them? 

I obviously haven't read the qu'ran myself but I think it has verses that say things along those lines. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not trying to be offensive, I actually would like to learn something. 

Muhammad never encouraged violence against anyone, and he never said it was okay to harm or kill any human. I believe I know what verse you're referring to from the Quran because it has been used out of context by the media a lot, so it's actually good that you're questioning about it. Firstly, you should know that the Quran isn't the words of Muhammad, but it is the word of God (that is, in Islamic belief).

God (in general) said that Muslims should first pray for the idol-worshippers and hope that they become believers in God. Muslims should then try to turn them into believers, but if they refuse then it is fine and they should leave them alone. If the non-believers attack the Muslims (like they savagely used to during that era), then it is okay for a Muslim to strike his sword against the non-believer to protect his beliefs.

That's a very general explanation of it, but people like to single out the verse of "striking the non-believers" out of context and blow it out of proportion mainly as an act of phobia against Islam. But when you read that verse in context of the paragraph it's in, then it makes sense.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. I had my suspicions that those verses you talked about were being brought up out of context. Always good to learn a bit more!

Google the word tagyya, muslims are allowed to lie when its good for the spread of their religion, NEVER believe what a muslim says to you.

Please, buy the quran and read it for yourself.

Just two examples of  what muhammad really said:

"Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah" (Ibn ishaq 992)

"I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there  is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad  is the messenger of Allah" (Muslim 1:33)

There are more many more quotes like that, both from the quran and the hadiths (the word of allah and the word of muhammad respectively)

Its no contradiction that 80% of religious people who are persecuted because of their beliefs ae christians and most of them who are oppressed are the ones in islamic countries.

I dont think you ever touched a Quran, you just got some quotes from an extremist Islamophobic site do fuel your hatred. I was a muslim until a year ago, I even went to Mecca back in 2009. Taqqiya is practised in Shia Islam to lie and hide their religion when under threat, majority of the muslims are Sunni in the world.

You give me hateful comments about Muhammad and Quran, I can give you equal hateful comments from the Jewish talmud and the Bible, so I can help your selective memory. An eye for an eye...

That said, as an atheist I believe in the flying spaghetti monster

Around the Network

We aren't even sure these people existed, let alone then being the son of God (and God aswell...) or knowing of the word of God. Muhammed I don't now much about, but Jesus? I doubt he even existed, possibly based on someone of the time if anything.

Also if you suggest the Prophet Mohammed did not exist your basing that on as much evidence as a religious person saying you go to heaven or hell after you die.

Meaning, your trying to look smart but you made yourself look like a fool.

As I have said over time Historical evidence cleary shows that Jesus and Mohammed exsitsed. However there is no evidence suggesting that Jesus was divine or was the Son Of God.

Well It also depends...

Even if your not Christian and if you live in the Western world you have a much better image of Jesus automatically. He is called irrelevant but many of our values and morals are based on his teachings and have been updated to reflect society's changing values.

So to call him irrelevant is like saying Genghis Khan is irrelevant because he was an evil man and forgetting about the lasting impact he had good or bad.

Point being even if you think someone is good or bad, that does not determine their relevance.

"as an atheist I believe in the flying spaghetti monster"
Actually it makes you agnostic as you believe God exists in the form of a flying spaghetti monster..
lol..

That arguement does not disprove God but is clever satire of people's religion beliefs.

Wow lots of hate going on in this thread. I'm cool with religious threads but I don't think one that's directly debating two religions is the best idea, no way it can end well.

Around the Network

Either one seems fine. I personally believe Jesus was not the son of God. As far as I know, he never really directly said "So I'm like the son of God and shit" but that's just me.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Either one seems fine. I personally believe Jesus was not the son of God. As far as I know, he never really directly said "So I'm like the son of God and shit" but that's just me.

You know, according to the book he was executed for not denying it :P (and in the John version he even admitted it)

Shinobi-san said:
lordmandeep said:

"What do you mean by fake?"

Many say he never existed at all. It was a big myth or a hoax to fool people.

However the historical evidence clearly shows some sort of prophet or person believing to be a prophet existed during that time.

From what i know, most historians, scholars etc. general accept Jesus as a man who lived during that time period.

The exact events and stories that are documented in the bible surrounding Jesus's life is obviously much more questionable.

Personally i've only come across one person in my life, who absolutely did not believe that Jesus existed.

While avoiding anything else in this thread because it's stupid.

This is 100% true.

There is actually a lot more documentation for Jesus then there are countless other historical figures who were more well known in their time then who's existences are never questioned.

It's only done generally as a provication by people who have a problem with religion... that or just someone who has read such an arguement and is generally ignorant on historical standards and how most of the history written in history books was constructed.

Actually, the same claims are made about Muhammad never existing as well.  You just don't hear about it as much because fewer westerners care abou thim... and the penalties of saying such things in muslim majority countries... are probably pretty harsh I'd guess most places.

Actually what's pretty interesting about the bible is that outside of the more fantastic elements.  A lot of what people once thought was fiction, later turned up archaelogical truth.

To suggest the Prophet Mohammed is fake is more ridiculous then saying Jesus is fake.

Also to my knowledge the Prophet did not have divine powers such are turning water into wine or curing blindness.(If he did please correct me).

Mohammed lived to an old age where is his religion become a major force. He was well known by the Byzantines and the Sassanid Empire and his descendents (family and friends) shaped the World from Spain to Pakistan for 100's of years after.

Jesus on the other hand was more of a preacher and gave a message and was killed and frankly to the Roman rulers was nothing important. That is way there is such lacking evidence.

Also I have not met a person who thinks either was fake, of course many object that Jesus was divine or was the son of God which is understandable.

Andrespetmonkey said:
We aren't even sure these people existed, let alone then being the son of God (and God aswell...) or knowing of the word of God. Muhammed I don't now much about, but Jesus? I doubt he even existed, possibly based on someone of the time if anything.

A statement like that would apply better to a historical figure like King Arthur

Id say we are pretty sure these people existed, about as sure as we know Julius Ceasar existed.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|