By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Miracle or not, Putin on course to win in Russia

He kind of looks like Captain Picard.

Around the Network

Yes, he'll win again for sure. Maybe without such a big lead over rivals as in previous times, but his dominance will still be huge.

Not at all suprising, his campaign actions might not be entirely kosher, but there's no denying the man is still very popular in Russia.

Yeah no doubt about it...

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Great

even though WEST interfering to influence the elections and get their Puppet Oligarch in the Presidential Seat,HE will win

Russian people have learnt alot from Bolshevism

RUSSIA,CHINA,IRAN,PAKISTAN go go go go go go go go go go go go go!!!!!!!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

It sometimes seems like you want the end of the world to happen. You always are saying in a few years the global this and the global that.

Is that the case?

Given that list of nations he's cheerleading for, I think he may just want gross violations of human rights to happen.

It will be interesting to see if he makes any substantive policy changes based on his wavering support. It is the real test of Putin's leadership ability, because anyone can lead in an environment that is well-suited for them. The test of mettle is how you perform outside your element. Putin worked best with a society that needed strong leadership but did not particularly care about accountability. Now that Russians desire accountability along with the continued need for strong leadership, where will Putin fall?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

snakenobi said:

Great

even though WEST interfering to influence the elections and get their Puppet Oligarch in the Presidential Seat,HE will win

Someone who is from this country who isn't grossly blinded by nationalism(me), will tell you that country will only be puppet, and will always be horribly run. Puppet to USA, China or Iran, hell maybe even India when it becomes a super power.

Funny enough the only time the country was actually good (in my lifetime) is if Miltary Leadership (ummm it wasn't dictatorship) takes over like in early 2000s (Believe it or not, the country was slowly progressing, for example GDP growth was 2nd highest for a year or two). The current leader who seems to be "disliking" America, is actually funny how much he messed over the country since that time. 

Also funny is that people vote for him (the elections aren't rigid, people are actually that stupid). Yes I can say Pakistani people are stupid, because they fall for such stupid political moves. Namely from a guy who we know is corrupt back in 90s. 

PS: Don't be anti-west, it doesn't really accomplish much. 

Acevil said:
snakenobi said:

Great

Someone who is from this country who isn't grossly blinded by nationalism(me), will tell you that country will only be puppet, and will always be horribly run. Puppet to USA, China or Iran, hell maybe even India when it becomes a super power.

Funny enough the only time the country was actually good (in my lifetime) is if Miltary Leadership (ummm it wasn't dictatorship) takes over like in early 2000s (Believe it or not, the country was slowly progressing, for example GDP growth was 2nd highest for a year or two). The current leader who seems to be "disliking" America, is actually funny how much he messed over the country since that time. 

Also funny is that people vote for him (the elections aren't rigid, people are actually that stupid). Yes I can say Pakistani people are stupid, because they fall for such stupid political moves. Namely from a guy who we know is corrupt back in 90s. 

PS: Don't be anti-west, it doesn't really accomplish much. 

I wasn't backing a single country

and i am not anti-west,jst anti-western governements.Hell even west will be against west after the 2008 economic shit and the current economic woes.

i was the packing the pack which would be allied if WW3 starts

spurgeonryan said:
snakenobi said:

Great

It sometimes seems like you want the end of the world to happen. You always are saying in a few years the global this and the global that.

Is that the case?

end of thw world - nope that wasn't my intention and it isn't gonna happen