By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is The PlayStation Vita Really a Sales Success? - IGN

osamanobama said:
superchunk said:

Add a game.... and you do require memory card for the system... and the ps vita cards are not normal memory cards so they are not found cheaper else where.

edit, only place I found it cheaper was used on ebay.

okay, add a game for the 3ds= nearly $250, add a game for xbox over $400.

and amazon.com you can buy used for less than $12.

That is how any game console should be considered unless it comes with a bundled game.

used card... even at $12, its still a $300 system.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
osamanobama said:
superchunk said:

Add a game.... and you do require memory card for the system... and the ps vita cards are not normal memory cards so they are not found cheaper else where.

edit, only place I found it cheaper was used on ebay.

okay, add a game for the 3ds= nearly $250, add a game for xbox over $400.

and amazon.com you can buy used for less than $12.

That is how any game console should be considered unless it comes with a bundled game.

used card... even at $12, its still a $300 system.

okay, if you include the mem card (which isnt required, though very beneficial), tax, and a game. Sure

the same goes for 3ds, ps3, xbox, etc.

3ds becomes nearly $250, xbox becomes $400, ps3 becomes nearly $350.

i dont really get your point, all systems you buy games for, and almost all games, it is very beneficial to buy somesort of accessory. i dont know why you are including those cost. 

the only cost that is understandable to include would be mem card, so you could say its a $260-$270 system

osamanobama said:

okay, if you include the mem card (which isnt required, though very beneficial), tax, and a game. Sure

the same goes for 3ds, ps3, xbox, etc.

3ds becomes nearly $250, xbox becomes $400, ps3 becomes nearly $350.

i dont really get your point, all systems you buy games for, and almost all games, it is very beneficial to buy somesort of accessory. i dont know why you are including those cost. 

the only cost that is understandable to include would be mem card, so you could say its a $260-$270 system

My point is simply to defend my notion that its a $300 system, not because I'm attacking PSV or Sony, but because that's the realistic entry fee.

No one buys a game console and no games. No one saves up $250 exactly and goes to a store to buy a PSV. They won't walk out with one or if they do (due to some freakish no tax sale), they'll be pissed off and bored with their new paperweight as you can't do anything without the memory card and a game.

So in reality they would go in with at least $300 or so to buy the minimal items to make it a useful product. Now, if it were a smartphone, then it could be a $200 device, but that's a different thread all together.

It's doing fine..... doing over a million week one ww is HUGE for a video game system, especially one with less than half the hype the original PSP had......

mM