By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238
NintendoPie said:
the_dengle said:
NintendoPie said:

How do you like the new Summary page, though? I think it looks quite nice!

Summary page? Do you mean the OP?

No, the Pokemon Summary page. I can't think of the actual name... the pictures that you posted are what I'm talking about.

OH! Yeah, I guess that's just the Summary page. Stats? Maybe it's Stats/Moves. Anyway, it looks alright, it reminds me a lot of the 5th-gen page. Doesn't seem much different to me, which isn't a bad thing.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
AstroGamer said:
if you pay attention in the trailer, you can see some additional Pokemon. you can see Gogoat's preevolution in the scene with the roller skates and in the pokedex you can see zigzagoon and an unidentified sprite.
Japan new eevee 3DS LL is finally shown and to be released tomorrow via a lottery at the Pokemon Centered. still costs 18800 yen( approximately $188)

Which trailer? The one I just posted?

oops. I hadn't seen the trailer at the point went I posted. now I know they were just screenshots

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Love the boxarts, especially for Y. If the rumour that both legendaries are in each game is confirmed, I know what version i'm going to get .

As for starters with elemental moves at level 5, it'd be nice if we get ours at level 1, basically out-of-egg status.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

An anonymous, supposedly ‘genuine’ source claims that the rumored “Fairy-type” is a new type of Pokémon that will be introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. According to the source, the newly discovered Eevee evolution, Sylveon, is “Fairy-type,” and is weak against Poison and Steel-type Pokémon, immune to Dragon-types, super-effective against Dragon, Dark and Fire-types. Below you can read more rumors on “Fairy-type” Pokémon, along with some unconfirmed details on Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor’s English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

NintendoPie said:

An anonymous, supposedly ‘genuine’ source claims that the rumored “Fairy-type” is a new type of Pokémon that will be introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. According to the source, the newly discovered Eevee evolution, Sylveon, is “Fairy-type,” and is weak against Poison and Steel-type Pokémon, immune to Dragon-types, super-effective against Dragon, Dark and Fire-types. Below you can read more rumors on “Fairy-type” Pokémon, along with some unconfirmed details on Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor’s English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Dual type attacks? Fire/Psychic starter? EV specialization? Dragon move "outrage" useless against fairy types?

Damn Nintendo.......just when I think im out, they PULL me back in.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Dual type attacks? Fire/Psychic starter? EV specialization?

Damn Nintendo.......just when I think im out, they PULL me back in.

That's what I said when they released HeartGold! But remember, these are just rumors. Take them with a grain of salt!

the_dengle said:

I haven't seen anyone else mention this. Anywhere. I think it's weird I'm the first person to pick up on it.

This is a level 5 Fennekin.

It knows Ember.

At level 5.

Just a fluke? Well...

Chespin knows Vine Whip at level 5.

We are either receiving our starter Pokémon at an earlier level this time around... or they will already have their basic elemental attacks from the get-go.

This seems like kind of a big deal after 5 generations of tackle/scratch/growl/tail whip.

Huh....that doesnt bode well. In essense they are making the initial parts of the game easier with these attacks being inherent at the start. I hope this pokemon isnt a cakewalk like the others.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

NintendoPie said:

Sounds like BS.

sales2099 said:

Huh....that doesnt bode well. In essense they are making the initial parts of the game easier with these attacks being inherent at the start. I hope this pokemon isnt a cakewalk like the others.

I thought the opposite. If you choose Chespin, your rival will start with Ember.

Mainly I hope this means we get into more interesting attacks earlier. How excited are you really when your starter learns Bubble? Again?

A lot of the stuff which came out yesterday doesn't make a lot of sense. What I do know, however, is that the gameplay trailer looks totally badass. I wonder if we'll be getting a demo? Unlikely, but you never know.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
A lot of the stuff which came out yesterday doesn't make a lot of sense. What I do know, however, is that the gameplay trailer looks totally badass. I wonder if we'll be getting a demo? Unlikely, but you never know.

Demos are great for games that need more exposure.

Pokémon is not one of those games.