By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238

More Pokemon X & Y news has emerged from the latest edition of Coro Coro magazine. The latest information centres around the starter Pokemon in the game. Chespin, which is the Chestnut Pokemon has a robust shell covering his back and his head. Chespin can learn Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip and Rollout. Fennekin comes equipped with some scorching hot 200°C flames. Froakie, who is the Bubble Frog Pokemon, can actually jump as high as a three-story building. The Pokemon Company has also revealed the Pokemon X & Y box-art which states that the game will support the Nintendo Network. You can read the rest of the Pokemon X & Y coverage from Coro Coro, right here.

~MyNintendoNews (The above picture is a larger picture of what AlphaCielago has recently posted.)

Around the Network

Nintendo of America has shared more details on Pokemon X & Y for the Nintendo 3DS. The game takes place in a new region called Kalos, where players will encounter beautiful forests, thriving cities, and many never-before-seen Pokemon.

The central city in Kalos is Lumiose City, which is described by Nintendo as a metropolis featuring a tower that is set to become an iconic structure in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. The game also adds to the more than 640 Pokemon that have been encountered in previous games. We posted the latest trailer for the game which can be viewed, here. Anyway, here’s some more information on the Pokemon which you will encounter in Pokemon X & Y.

• The cowardly Pokémon Helioptile, a Normal- and Electric-type Pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise Trainers won’t be deterred by Helioptile’s lack of bravery. It knows Parabolic Charge, a brand-new move where Helioptile attacks everything around it. Helioptile’s HP is restored by half the damage taken by those hit.
  • Fletchling, a Normal- and Flying-type Pokémon, sings with a beautiful chirp that is sure to delight any Trainer. Although it is known to be very friendly, Fletchling will suddenly unleash relentless attacks once it’s in battle. For example, when it uses its Fire-type move Flame Charge in battle, in addition to doing damage, Fletchling’s Speed increases every time.
  • With a leaf always in its mouth and an intimidating glare that is rarely effective, Fighting-type Pokémon Pancham shows its playful side when it lets out a little smile when its head is pat. Pancham can learn a brand-new move, Parting Shot, which not only lowers an opponent’s Attack and Special Attack, but also allows Pancham to switch out for another Pokémon in a Trainer’s party during battle.
  • A new method of transportation—riding the brand-new Pokémon, Gogoat. This large Grass-type Pokémon is a reliable way to travel certain parts of Lumiose City. In battle, it can use Horn Leech to recover HP equal to half the damage dealt by this move.

New Gameplay!

POST YOUR OPINIONS PEOPLE!

Old Poll:

How Do You Like The New MewTwo Form?

>_> - (Not happy at all) 5 8.20%

:( - (Dislike) 4 6.56%

:| - (Meh) 14 22.95%

:) - (Happy) 27 44.26%

^_^ - (Love it) 11 18.03%

Total: 61

New Poll will be up soon!

if you pay attention in the trailer, you can see some additional Pokemon. you can see Gogoat's preevolution in the scene with the roller skates and in the pokedex you can see zigzagoon and an unidentified sprite.
Japan new eevee 3DS LL is finally shown and to be released tomorrow via a lottery at the Pokemon Centered. still costs 18800 yen( approximately $188)

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
AstroGamer said:
if you pay attention in the trailer, you can see some additional Pokemon. you can see Gogoat's preevolution in the scene with the roller skates and in the pokedex you can see zigzagoon and an unidentified sprite.
Japan new eevee 3DS LL is finally shown and to be released tomorrow via a lottery at the Pokemon Centered. still costs 18800 yen( approximately $188)

Which trailer? The one I just posted?

I haven't seen anyone else mention this. Anywhere. I think it's weird I'm the first person to pick up on it.

This is a level 5 Fennekin.

It knows Ember.

At level 5.

Just a fluke? Well...

Chespin knows Vine Whip at level 5.

We are either receiving our starter Pokémon at an earlier level this time around... or they will already have their basic elemental attacks from the get-go.

This seems like kind of a big deal after 5 generations of tackle/scratch/growl/tail whip.

the_dengle said:

I haven't seen anyone else mention this. Anywhere. I think it's weird I'm the first person to pick up on it.

This is a level 5 Fennekin.

It knows Ember.

At level 5.

Just a fluke? Well...

Chespin knows Vine Whip at level 5.

We are either receiving our starter Pokémon at an earlier level this time around... or they will already have their basic elemental attacks from the get-go.

This seems like kind of a big deal after 5 generations of tackle/scratch/growl/tail whip.

You seem to be the first to post this, but I sure noticed those pictures. Maybe it's just so the trailer looks better? (AKA, they have actual "good" moves to show off in it.)

How do you like the new Summary page, though? I think it looks quite nice!

NintendoPie said:

Summary page? Do you mean the OP?

the_dengle said:
NintendoPie said:

Summary page? Do you mean the OP?

No, the Pokemon Summary page. I can't think of the actual name... the pictures that you posted are what I'm talking about.