By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
_crazy_man_ said:

I EV train as well but I don't breed for perfect IV's tooooooo time consuming.

I just continously breed or restart my game (legendaries/events) until I see favorable IV's.

I'm almost done with my second OU team, but I keep getting shitty IV's on my DW gligar and its discouraging me to wanna breed it another 30+ times.

I used to dislike breeding heavily as well, mostly because there wasn't a good of a spot where you could go through and forth without having to worry too much at what you were doing on previous games. 

Thankfully, on B/W there's the Skyarrow bridge with it's +100 steps length, which is basically "put on a bike, just press back and forward every few 10 seconds and profit". I could easily breed over 20 pokes while watching a movie or something

Lol, I did that waaaaayyyy too many times trying to get a perfect, girl, Zorua. xD I've got no life.

Same here (for my perfect Dragon Pulse & Dark Pulse breeding only Hydreigon xD), but I did most of my egg hatching also between train rides from my home to college and vice vers, so at least that was a good way to pass the time .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

In my honest opinion they should get rid of IV's, yeah it makes every pokemon unique but it would make less folks have the need to hack.

Especially now that IV's no longer determine it being shiny and its gender (since Gen III).  Thier Hidden Power should then be determined by showing one's pokemon to gym leaders and other mono type masters (those not covered by the gym leaders).  Like Hidden Power starts off as a 70 power normal attack, and I want my Jolteon to have HP Ice so I visit Brycen in Icirrus City to do so.  But wait now I want my Jolteon to have HP Grass, so I go visit Cilan in Striaton City.

I just find it frustrating to go online and battle peeps that have full roster of shiny pokes, perfect stats even on event pokemon, and having 70 power HP of the right type they need for coverage with little to no effort with hacks while I'm just struggling to get a Gligar with the right DW ability, nature, and decent IV's the right way.

EV's, Natures, and abilities can be used to customize your poke's to your liking.

It just ruins the meta game.  This is most apparent in competative communities like smogon that base all thier guides and strategies on having perfect poke's.

/vent over

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:

In my honest opinion they should get rid of IV's, yeah it makes every pokemon unique but it would make less folks have the need to hack.

Especially now that IV's no longer determine it being shiny and its gender (since Gen III).  Thier Hidden Power should then be determined by showing one's pokemon to gym leaders and other mono type masters (those not covered by the gym leaders).  Like Hidden Power starts off as a 70 power normal attack, and I want my Jolteon to have HP Ice so I visit Brycen in Icirrus City to do so.  But wait now I want my Jolteon to have HP Grass, so I go visit Cilan in Striaton City.

I just find it frustrating to go online and battle peeps that have full roster of shiny pokes, perfect stats even on event pokemon, and having 70 power HP of the right type they need for coverage with little to no effort with hacks while I'm just struggling to get a Gligar with the right DW ability, nature, and decent IV's the right way.

EV's can be used to customize your poke's to your liking.

It just ruins the meta game.  This is most apparent in competative communities like smogon that base all thier guides and strategies on having perfect poke's.

/vent over

Thus the reason I no longer go online anymore. It's just not worth, especially after spending hundreds of hours perfecting my team for some bastard with hacked baby pokemons (I'm kidding you not) to destroy my team without any effort at all. I now only battle with people that I know won't use those under-handed tactics. 

I agree with your IV idea, and that would make for much more strategies on the fly than the current method (though i'm a bit fond of the "uniqueness" of every pokemon), and pokemon has already moved a bit into the "make-your-own-strategy-depending-on-the-situation", with the inclusion of re-usable TMs.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Yes the re-usable TM's was a god send in Gen V.

I don't know how many times I have had to restart Soul Silver so I could get multiple TM's of Roost (for Lugia, Skarmory, etc).

Here's hoping that Black and White 2 have move tutors. 

_crazy_man_ said:

Yes the re-usable TM's was a god send in Gen V.

I don't know how many times I have had to restart Soul Silver so I could get multiple TM's of Roost (for Lugia, Skarmory, etc).

Here's hoping that Black and White 2 have move tutors. 

Wait, aren't there Move Tutors on B/W too, just on a very limited number? Because I remember teaching Draco Meteor to my Hydreigon through one on Opelucid City. 

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Im talking more on the lines of the trade BP for moves kinda of tutors.

_crazy_man_ said:

Im talking more on the lines of the trade BP for moves kinda of tutors.

Ah yes, Frontier Acess and Battle Frontier move tutors. Those would be a very nice addition indeed. 

Current PC Build

Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition is getting a mini-series of web comics, which will be viewable for free on NicoNico. The series will launch on March 16th, and new chapters will be uploaded every Friday.

The actual Pokémon + Nobunaga’s Ambition game is slated for release on March 17th on the Nintendo DS. It pairs Pokémon creatures with famous historical Japanese warlords. See more Pokélord pairings here.

Gotta admit.

That's badass.

Gameplay looks meh though.

_crazy_man_ said:

Gotta admit.

That's badass.

Gameplay looks meh though.

All artwork of this game is badass.

I used to think this game was a mistake ( something like a lost bet by Iwata on a Poker table ), but now I'm intrigued at how it can improve storyline in pokemon games.