By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238

As much as I would like a community battle tournament, it would be kinda "meh" with so few peeps.

That and some of us don't have established teams of every tier.  UU battles are my favorite <3.  But peeps probably want to do OU or Uber battles.

Would like to enter the compeative scene though, even if I'm horrible at it (prediction will probably kill me without practice).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:

As much as I would like a community battle tournament, it would be a bit complicated with so few peeps.

That and some of us don't have established teams of every tier.  UU battles are my favorite <3.  But peeps probably want to do OU or Uber battles.

I hate these tier things. -_- Hopefully Nintendo will do away with them.

Nintendo has nothing to do with tiers, its a community thing (and in its defense it does let weak pokes have a fighting chance in lower tiers).

Nintendo just bans OP legendaries and mini-legendaries like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, etc.

Things like Zapados, Sucuine, Registeel, Heatran, and Landorous are ok in thier books.

Just to clear up on the Pokemon Black and White Zekrom and Reshiram event; it is available for the United States of America version, European version, and the Australian version. It starts on March 10th like stated before.

NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
Well, Ryan's good at it

Plus, since he already manages the Nintendo thread, it's easier for him to spot Pokemon related news. I usually only check Serebii.net every 2/3 days, so i'm not on par with the news that much.

By the way, why aren't there any pokemon trainer battles going on here? My team is still up there if anyone wants to take them on

This thread doesn't get enough posters for a tournament, sadly. :(

A VGC tourney (well, a "League") was tried before and failed miserably

I wouldn't mind individual battles. Haven't done any online battles in a long while (and i'm not touching the random matchup over at the Wi-Fi center >_>).

Yeah, Smeags told me about that. It's pretty sad it failed. :/ 

Is that your actual Pokemon Team?

Yeah, they're still not at level 100, but they can easily take 100s given that they have been honed to IV and EV perfection (for example, my Haxorus has 392 attack at level 93, given that it has 31 IV and 255 EVs on Attack)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
Well, Ryan's good at it

Plus, since he already manages the Nintendo thread, it's easier for him to spot Pokemon related news. I usually only check Serebii.net every 2/3 days, so i'm not on par with the news that much.

By the way, why aren't there any pokemon trainer battles going on here? My team is still up there if anyone wants to take them on

I wouldn't mind individual battles. Haven't done any online battles in a long while (and i'm not touching the random matchup over at the Wi-Fi center >_>).

Yeah, they're still not at level 100, but they can easily take 100s given that they have been honed to IV and EV perfection (for example, my Haxorus has 392 attack at level 93, given that it has 31 IV and 255 EVs on Attack)

When I got into that IV/EV training thing I got quite obsessed with it. xD I trained literally for hours. All I wanted to do is show those little boys on the road whos boss! ^_~ I trained my Togekiss and Milotic to uber Special Attack perfection! 

NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
Well, Ryan's good at it

When I got into that IV/EV training thing I got quite obsessed with it. xD I trained literally for hours. All I wanted to do is show those little boys on the road whos boss! ^_~ I trained my Togekiss and Milotic to uber Special Attack perfection! 

Ahhh Milotic, one of my team's bane!  

But yeah, IV/EV training can become an obsession once you get the hang of it. The drive to train and hone the most perfect version of your favourite pokemons can take hundreds of hours easily. Thankfully, on Black/White, EV training is much easier than on previous gens, since you can EV train even after level 100 (the stats re-calculate after gaining enough EVs for it).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I EV train as well but I don't breed for perfect IV's tooooooo time consuming.

I just continously breed or restart my game (legendaries/events) until I see favorable IV's.

I'm almost done with my second OU team, but I keep getting shitty IV's on my DW gligar and its discouraging me to wanna breed it another 30+ times.

Then to grind him to level 100.

_crazy_man_ said:

I just continously breed or restart my game (legendaries/events) until I see favorable IV's.

I'm almost done with my second OU team, but I keep getting shitty IV's on my DW gligar and its discouraging me to wanna breed it another 30+ times.

I used to dislike breeding heavily as well, mostly because there wasn't a good of a spot where you could go through and forth without having to worry too much at what you were doing on previous games. 

Thankfully, on B/W there's the Skyarrow bridge with it's +100 steps length, which is basically "put on a bike, just press back and forward every few 10 seconds and profit". I could easily breed over 20 pokes while watching a movie or something

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
_crazy_man_ said:

I used to dislike breeding heavily as well, mostly because there wasn't a good of a spot where you could go through and forth without having to worry too much at what you were doing on previous games. 

Thankfully, on B/W there's the Skyarrow bridge with it's +100 steps length, which is basically "put on a bike, just press back and forward every few 10 seconds and profit". I could easily breed over 20 pokes while watching a movie or something

Lol, I did that waaaaayyyy too many times trying to get a perfect, girl, Zorua. xD I've got no life.