By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

You stated

Khuutra said:

I think it's going a bit far to say that "choices don't matter" on the whole, though, considering the ways that all of my previous and current choices have come together to change the face of the galaxy for thousands of years.

My response

Rhonin the wizard said:

Read this after you beat the game.

A person who cures the genophage, spares the Rachni, makes peace between Quarians and Geth, can have the same ending as someone who sabotages the cure, exterminates the Rachni and sides with the Geth. That doesn't really strike me a "choice matters", the lack of epilogues explaining the consequences of ones actions doesn't help. Jade Empire had them for crying out loud.

You answered

Khuutra said:
Sorry, still not seeing the complaint. The effects you had on the galaxy will continue to be felt regardless of whether or not you had a text scroll epilogue.

You completely ignored the first part of my statement and focused solely on the last part.

Perhaps I should make myself more clear, your decisions in the 3 games have no impact on what ending you get, well there is one, but it only has an impact if you have low EMS.

And I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the Guardian, that thing you meet in the Citadel.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:

You stated

My response

You answered

You completely ignored the first part of my statement and focused solely on the last part.

Perhaps I should make myself more clear, your decisions in the 3 games have no impact on what ending you get, well there is one, but it only has an impact if you have low EMS.

No, my statement applied to all of it. Why wouldn't it? The choices you make are still there, their effects still being felt. The first half of your statement only framed the latter half, and is encompassed in my response, and now again. What, do you expect me to argue with you about it? The first half of your statement is perfectly correct. The second half is just a point on which we disagree.

Rhonin the wizard said:

And I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the Guardian, that thing you meet in the Citadel.

I'm slow to process this sort of thing, give me a few hours to digest the ending a bit.

Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

You stated

My response

You answered

No, my statement applied to all of it. Why wouldn't it? The choices you make are still there, their effects still being felt. The first half of your statement only framed the latter half, and is encompassed in my response, and now again. What, do you expect me to argue with you about it? The first half of your statement is perfectly correct. The second half is just a point on which we disagree.

I wanted you to acknowledge it, to me it seemed like you were ignoring it, and the latter part was not that important, just one of my complaints.

I would have preffered the endings flowed from your choices throught the game, not gather enough EMS, afther that pick your favorite color.

Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

I'm slow to process this sort of thing, give me a few hours to digest the ending a bit.

Take your time, I had months to process the endings and still dislike them. If you want I can name things that were in the script, but cut from the finale game. Expect a Retake Omega DLC.

Rhonin the wizard said:
Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

Take your time, I had months to process the endings and still dislike them. If you want I can name things that were in the script, but cut from the finale game. Expect a Retake Omega DLC.

After reading those comics I was really looking forward to the fight for Omega. That was going to be awesome.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

After reading those comics I was really looking forward to the fight for Omega. That was going to be awesome.

As I recall there was going to be some fighting against Cerberus, they were embargoing Omega. And you had to travel through the Omega 4 relay and get some ancient pirate booty to get Aria on your side. Zaeed would have played a larger role as well.

Rhonin the wizard said:
Khuutra said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

As I recall there was going to be some fighting against Cerberus, they were embargoing Omega. And you had to travel through the Omega 4 relay and get some ancient pirate booty to get Aria on your side. Zaeed would have played a larger role as well.

That could have been good. It would have been fun to break the blockade, fight my way through the body of Cerberus's troops, etc. I'm disappointed we didn't get to do that.

My reaction is slowly coalescing and it's turning negative. Badly negative. I can't help wondering if this is because my expectations were affected by the people around me, or if... no, no that's not the case, I ignore people's bithcing all the time when I think something is great, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is still awesome, but...

There are.... thematic problems with how all of this shit went down.

I loved the game so much. You know? The way your choices from throughout the series coalesced, the way that the different characters had resolved story arcs (though Zaeed left a lot to be desired), the way crew members would talk to each other even if you weren't there, a particular scene between Garrus and Tali near the end...

So much of it was so good, you know? But the ending is important. The ending gives context to the whole story. And there's definitely something wrong here, not with.... some parts of it are fine, but others...

After almost finishing act 1, I've got to say my only complain with the game so far is the bugged minor quests in the Citadel. Some are supposed to give out War Assets and credits and only give out exp and some don't trigger at all (Citadel: Biotic Amp Interfaces and Citadel: Krogan Dying Message) when they should.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
After almost finishing act 1, I've got to say my only complain with the game so far is the bugged minor quests in the Citadel. Some are supposed to give out War Assets and credits and only give out exp and some don't trigger at all (Citadel: Biotic Amp Interfaces and Citadel: Krogan Dying Message) when they should.

Go ahead and finish Act 1, it's fantastic. Act 2 is similarly phenomenal.

ME 3 is a good game, it is not a perfect game and certainly not deserving of the scores some reviewers are giving it. It has quite a few flaws, some of them could have been easily corrected. The cynic in me is saying they focused too much on the multiplayer and not enough on the singleplayer.

For most people its that they spent 100s of hours, trying out different playthroughs and this is how it ends. And that is whats upsetting them