By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ron Paul warns of a Fascist Takeover in America

I agreed with some of Ron Paul's plans, but I admit I don't understand a lot of politics to agree on all. I believe that most of the troops agree with them returning back home, instead of babysitting all over the world. This election will definitely be one of the most important in quite a few decades. I can't say who I'd like to win but in the end, I think we'll all lose in the end.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Ron Paul is nothing more than a conspiracy theorist politician who makes up such ridiculous claims. Shock journalists are well known for making up conspiracy theories for laughs.
I can not see the evidence/proof that the US government is a totalitarian regime: Fascist or Communist that oppresses its people.

I think it is a little of a stretch comparing the likes of Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh with Ron Paul.  I just don't see his remarks as that off the wall.  He is actually right on the wall and that is what probably pisses the other politicians off.  You might as well believe in a fairytale if you think any other candidates "plans" are actually going to solve USA's problems.

A long painful road to economic recovery lays ahead and some hard decisions will need to be made to ensure the long term viability of the American economy.

Withdrawing the US troops would be a huge political/economic error of judgment. The US military strength is critical in protecting its foreign corporate interests from aggressive military expansionists: China and Russia.

sethnintendo said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Ron Paul is nothing more than a conspiracy theorist politician who makes up such ridiculous claims. Shock journalists are well known for making up conspiracy theories for laughs.
I can not see the evidence/proof that the US government is a totalitarian regime: Fascist or Communist that oppresses its people.

I think it is a little of a stretch comparing the likes of Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh with Ron Paul.  I just don't see his remarks as that off the wall.  He is actually right on the wall and that is what probably pisses the other politicians off.  You might as well believe in a fairytale if you think any other candidates "plans" are actually going to solve USA's problems.

Well Newt says he's going to drop the price of gas to 2.50$ ;)

I guess noone has told him that oil was a globally traded comodity....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
sethnintendo said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Populism and making  promises to win the votes of fools who believe the politician will deliver. 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

And the FEC would have been controlled by Republicans in regards to that 2004 bit, so clearly there was something different at play in Citizens United.

I don't know what difference that should make, unless you're suggesting that Republicans are less inclined to censor opinions they dislike than are Democrats. Which is possible, I suppose, if you look at the where the parties tend to stand on things like the Fairness Doctrine and hate speech.

The funny thing is, Citizens United even brought a complaint against Fahrenheit 9/11 to the FEC in 2004 and had their concerns dismissed (rightly so). Four years later, the FEC stopped Citizens United from doing exactly what they'd previously condoned. And here we are.

Ail said:
sethnintendo said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Not that I think he will be able to be successful with his approach, he is fully aware that it is a globally traded commodity and it could be argued that his approach (in general) could work. Essentially, if the United States opened up restrictions on the development of their conventional energy resources it would have a massive impact on energy supply (over 5 or 10 years) and prices would come down.

HappySqurriel said:
Ail said:
sethnintendo said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Not that I think he will be able to be successful with his approach, he is fully aware that it is a globally traded commodity and it could be argued that his approach (in general) could work. Essentially, if the United States opened up restrictions on the development of their conventional energy resources it would have a massive impact on energy supply (over 5 or 10 years) and prices would come down.

Noone can predict the exact impact on price a change of production will have. Not Newt, not anybody's else.

Heck even with all that he wants to do you can't even predict that oil price would go down as you don't know what will happen to rest of the world's oil production in the next 10 years...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Mr Khan said:
kanageddaamen said:
The world is way too economically interdependent to believe that if the US's military presence was removed, it would be massive war mongering and civil rights violations.

Regardless of what people actually believe, the US is still the largest economy in the world, by a wide margin. Our troops and bases in other countries are note the things keeping peace, it is the other countries wanting us to continue to buy their stuff. And regardless, you can fly across the Atlantic in a few hours, we could deploy troops to assist an invading ally in no time. He is definitely right about the lack of need for military bases.

People in other countries that say we shouldn't leave just want us there so they don't have to pay for it.

I think he is a little off base about the Fascism thing, in my opinion. Personal liberties wax and wane as society progresses and their values change. I would like to see a rewriting of the commerce clause in the constitution as it is completely RAPED to allow everything from the Fed, to the FCC, to the DEA, which were never the intention of the founders.

A bit more states being the laboratories of democracy would be great as well.

The fed is in part allowed by the 16th amendment, i thought. I know the Federal Reserve came in around the time of the Income Tax, so i always assumed they shared the same constitutional basis, though i could be wrong.

My understanding is that Fed's constitutionality lies in the combination of coinage clause (congres can print money) the elastic clause (congress can make any laws that it deems necessary to carryout its powers) and the commerce clause (congress can regulate interstate commerce, in this case, the banking industry)

As an aside, I remember reading a case about corn regulation.  There was a law that regulated corn use and production on farms, even if the corn was ONLY used on the farm on which it was grown (eg for feed.) The federal government claimed commerce clause powers, but obviously the private use of the corn is NOT interstate commerce.  The Supreme Court ruled that even if the corn was for private use, the growth and use could potentially impact the interstate corn market and therefore congress could regulate that growth without the need to show it even was impacting the interstate corn market.

This ruling basically allows for congress to regulate any and all activity, as any activity could potentially impact some interstate market.

It was also more recently used to allow the DEA to arrest a woman who was growing marijuana for personal use, claiming her growth could impact the interstate marijuana market.  Obsurd.

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Ail said:
sethnintendo said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Populism and making  promises to win the votes of fools who believe the politician will deliver. 

See the thing is Dark_Lord_2008 is that you are either a complete and utter fool who has absolutley no clue of global economics or you are apart of the naive general population who considers Mr. Obama an actual viable politician.

Now, judging by the vocabulary you have chosen, it would be heavily appreciated if you would possibly in the future, refrain from putting your fake, paid opinions towards the well educated interent forums of this site or else be scrutinized for giving an opinion that either holds no credibility or validity.

We may all hold different opinions of political and religious backgrounds on VG but by god we at least give an educated argument about our opinion. Step it up a notch buddy because using ad hominems will not validate your argument.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"