By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - You Only Live Twice Review

amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I would give it a 4/5. There's a lot of ridiculous points (especially Bond "transforming" into a Japanese fisherman and getting a fake wife for no reason other than have her killed) but there's tons of stuff I love, like the intro, Little Nellie, the all out battle in the volcano.

Also, rewatching it recently I realized that the plot of Tomorrow Never Dies is very similar to You Only Live Twice (a bad guy trying to get two nations into a war with each other).

His fake wife doesn't die.  She's the one that lives.  Aki dies.  I agree that the movie has a lot of great points. 

Tomorrow Never Dies has a much worse villain than YOLT though.  :p

OMG he was cheating on his fake wife!

LOL  No, he got married the day after she died.

Damn, I watched it only two weeks ago and I'm already messing up the details.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Never Say Never again
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $55,432,841

Octopussy
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $67,893,619

That is just domestic. But if that is how it went overseas as well I can see why Connery was done with Bond, and not just because he was getting old. He went head to head against Roger Moore and lost.

Did I mention I just purchased Robin and Marian on VHS with Sean Connery and......Robert Shaw!!

To be fair Ryan, NSNA wasn't an official Bond film and Octopussy was.  Connery did the best with what he had to work with which wasn't a very good movie.  He didn't return because he wouldn't have even if it made a billion dollars.  It was a one time deal and he was 53 years old at the time.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:

Oh god it looks absolutely dreadful! But I will trust your judgement Amp.

What looks dreadful?  Nothing is coming up.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Oh god it looks absolutely dreadful! But I will trust your judgement Amp.

What looks dreadful?  Nothing is coming up.

Edit:  Now I see it.

Leave George alone.  There's worse actors that have played Bond and this movie rocks!

The ski pursuit alone makes OHMSS worth watching.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I remember quite liking this movie actually. I really do need to go re-watch some of them.

Another great summary/review though, Amp. I can't wait till your review next week of the one George Lazenby Bond film! Should be interesting.

spurgeonryan said:
Marks said:
I remember quite liking this movie actually. I really do need to go re-watch some of them.

Another great summary/review though, Amp. I can't wait till your review next week of the one George Lazenby Bond film! Should be interesting.

Is the Lazenby Bond one of your favorites? It looks alright, and it was in the 60's still from what I have seen, bit it still just looks woo cheap.

I don't really remember too much of it other than the skiing scenes (if I'm thinking of the right movie) so it's hard to say. My memory of the older Bond movies is pretty foggy. Once Amp gets to some of the Brosnan ones I can actually give good reviews and whatnot. And I can give my extremely negative reviews once he gets to the Craig ones :)

Which Bond are you a fan of Spurgeon?

spurgeonryan said:
Marks said:

Is the Lazenby Bond one of your favorites? It looks alright, and it was in the 60's still from what I have seen, bit it still just looks woo cheap.

It's just a poor quality trailer like the one that you put up for From Russia With Love. 

The production values in OHMSS are on par with the other Bond films.

Did I mention that I can't wait for some of the Moore reviews like Octopussy and Live and Let Die? They should be quite...colorful.

MontanaHatchet said:
Did I mention that I can't wait for some of the Moore reviews like Octopussy and Live and Let Die? They should be quite...colorful.

I would guess that my reviews of Moonraker and A View To A Kill will be more colorful than those two.