By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - You Only Live Twice Review

amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I would give it a 4/5. There's a lot of ridiculous points (especially Bond "transforming" into a Japanese fisherman and getting a fake wife for no reason other than have her killed) but there's tons of stuff I love, like the intro, Little Nellie, the all out battle in the volcano.

Also, rewatching it recently I realized that the plot of Tomorrow Never Dies is very similar to You Only Live Twice (a bad guy trying to get two nations into a war with each other).

His fake wife doesn't die.  She's the one that lives.  Aki dies.  I agree that the movie has a lot of great points. 

Tomorrow Never Dies has a much worse villain than YOLT though.  :p

OMG he was cheating on his fake wife!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I would give it a 4/5. There's a lot of ridiculous points (especially Bond "transforming" into a Japanese fisherman and getting a fake wife for no reason other than have her killed) but there's tons of stuff I love, like the intro, Little Nellie, the all out battle in the volcano.

Also, rewatching it recently I realized that the plot of Tomorrow Never Dies is very similar to You Only Live Twice (a bad guy trying to get two nations into a war with each other).

His fake wife doesn't die.  She's the one that lives.  Aki dies.  I agree that the movie has a lot of great points. 

LOL  No, he got married the day after she died.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

LOL  No, he got married the day after she died.

Damn, I watched it only two weeks ago and I'm already messing up the details.

Signature goes here!

Never Say Never again
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $55,432,841

Octopussy
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $67,893,619

That is just domestic. But if that is how it went overseas as well I can see why Connery was done with Bond, and not just because he was getting old. He went head to head against Roger Moore and lost.

Did I mention I just purchased Robin and Marian on VHS with Sean Connery and......Robert Shaw!!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Never Say Never again
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $55,432,841

Octopussy
Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $67,893,619

That is just domestic. But if that is how it went overseas as well I can see why Connery was done with Bond, and not just because he was getting old. He went head to head against Roger Moore and lost.

Did I mention I just purchased Robin and Marian on VHS with Sean Connery and......Robert Shaw!!

To be fair Ryan, NSNA wasn't an official Bond film and Octopussy was.  Connery did the best with what he had to work with which wasn't a very good movie.  He didn't return because he wouldn't have even if it made a billion dollars.  It was a one time deal and he was 53 years old at the time.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Highlander
Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez

1982 Wrong Is Right
Patrick Hale

1981 Time Bandits
King Agamemnon / Fireman

This was a bad time for Connery. Nothing was really working his way. I see why it was what it is. I will stop talking about it now though since this is about a different review. But as you can see above he really did not have too much going for him for a few years. I want to check out Sword of the Valiant! Even Highlander was just a lucky pick for him.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Oh god it looks absolutely dreadful! But I will trust your judgement Amp.

spurgeonryan said:

What looks dreadful?  Nothing is coming up.

amp316 said:
spurgeonryan said:

What looks dreadful?  Nothing is coming up.

Edit:  Now I see it.

Leave George alone.  There's worse actors that have played Bond and this movie rocks!

The ski pursuit alone makes OHMSS worth watching.

Signature goes here!