By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 + Vita to Compete with Wii U's Tech

I bought the device expecting full remote play with a healthy portion of my PS3 titles. Sony better deliver, but for now I would like the Skype App to launch.

Around the Network
Panama said:
I bought the device expecting full remote play with a healthy portion of my PS3 titles. Sony better deliver, but for now I would like the Skype App to launch.

Yea, Sony better deliver on your uninformed and unrealistic expectations!

While it would be possible to do similar things with the PS-Vita as will be done with the Wii U tablet, realistically you will only ever see a handful of first party games that ever do anything with the PS-Vita and PS3 connectivity. It's the nature of the beast, third party publishers tend to ignore non-standard hardware ...

Even aside from the fact that add-ons never do the same trick as standard hardware, we have this fun little fact:

PS3 + PSVita (currently) = $500

Very doubtful the Wii U is going to get up that high

Granted, Wii U + 3DS might get above $500 between them, but that's another matter.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Aj_habfan said:
Panama said:

So unrealistic that people running their PS3s on CFW can already play a bunch of PS3 games on their Vitas via remoteplay. Not to mention they showcased Killzone 3 running via remoteplay at TGS but hey, there are no plans for a firmware update to have Killzone 3 run via remoteplay. Did you hear? The slim has no PS2 backwards compatibility, but now for just 10 bucks you can buy these PS2 classics off of PSN. 

Stop falling for Sony's bullcrap and stand up and ask for results.

Around the Network
Panama said:
Aj_habfan said:
Panama said:

So unrealistic that people running their PS3s on CFW can already play a bunch of PS3 games on their Vitas via remoteplay. Not to mention they showcased Killzone 3 running via remoteplay at TGS but hey, there are no plans for a firmware update to have Killzone 3 run via remoteplay. Did you hear? The slim has no PS2 backwards compatibility, but now for just 10 bucks you can buy these PS2 classics off of PSN. 

Stop falling for Sony's bullcrap and stand up and ask for results.

Apparently you were the one that fell for the bullcrap.

I think the Wii U will save the Vita for this feature. Sony already showed it off with little big planet but why would a third party bother? Because instead of making a whole new game they could just port the Wii U version.

Well, if you have both consoles anyway I think it would be great if you can/could use them together.
But as not all owners will have both, support will/would probably be somewhat limited.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Maybe I didn't understand this... but you have to own both the PS3 and Vita versions of a game to be able to use Wii U like gameplay? Why not add a downloadable controller program to the PS3 game? That's how the Wii did it with some of its DS connectivity.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Nobody bringing iPad+TV into this thread yet?