By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo supply problem?

shams said:

Just a quick note:

Was down at my local shopping centre (Chadstone - in Melbourne, Australia) and picked up DragonBall Z for the Wii.

We must have got a decent shipment recently, because both ToysRUs & EB had *heaps* of Wii's for sale. I asked the lady at ToysRUs, and she said they had a "zillion" units.

Both stores looked fairly quiet - it is the first weekend after the back to school for kids here. I think the next 2-3 months are the quietest part of the year for game purchases as well (maybe until the holidays in June/July).

EB in particular had a HUGE sale on for PS2 titles - obviously trying to clear all excess (software) store. The deal is now "3 titles for $55" (about $40 US, when our sales tax counted). Most of the titles were old titles, many 2nd hand as well.

I would expect the PS2 to dominate sales here for the coming months.

Great news, and good timing for me!

Chaddy ay.... where was the cheapest place you saw it, and how much was it going for?

oh - and thanx for the heads up.

Around the Network

itrakr has Wii at 13%. It has been above 10% for the past couple days so looks like Nintendo has started to ship more.

If you can't find Wii's in Melbourne you must be blind. Myer Melbourne Central had a huge pile of them in a glass case, and EB Melbourne Central has had a "Wii in stock" sign up for the last three weeks at least.

Australia has never been a stronghold for Nintendo (and with the way we get screwed over for releases, I'm not surprised. Still no release DATE for Super Paper Mario. I thought with us getting the DS Lite before US that the situation would improve, apparently not)

Myer usually has a good price on Wiis and they had quite a few games going for $20 off.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Wii availability is 20% right now (itrackr.com). Is this an effect of higher shipment or lower demand? We'll know soon.

omgwtfbbq said:

If you can't find Wii's in Melbourne you must be blind. Myer Melbourne Central had a huge pile of them in a glass case, and EB Melbourne Central has had a "Wii in stock" sign up for the last three weeks at least.

Australia has never been a stronghold for Nintendo (and with the way we get screwed over for releases, I'm not surprised. Still no release DATE for Super Paper Mario. I thought with us getting the DS Lite before US that the situation would improve, apparently not)

Myer usually has a good price on Wiis and they had quite a few games going for $20 off.

Yeah, no shortage now. I wonder how they will keep selling - haven't seen much promotion/advertising, and it is the "quiet" period of the year (back to school after Easter). I thought those "in-centre" demonstration kiosks were awesome, and they should bring them back for this Xmas as well.

I don't know whats happening with Super Paper Mario - we have been pretty good with releases to date, getting US versions (rather than European versions - as Aust. is English only). I hope it arrives soon. I think Ive bought every title for $80 (Toys R Us), plus extra $10 off most (vouchers from launch pack - expires in a week).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
kber81 said:
Wii availability is 20% right now (itrackr.com). Is this an effect of higher shipment or lower demand? We'll know soon.
 wow !! I have never seen this before ! I'have been "tracking" itrackr.com since almost 2 months and I have always seen Wii at 13% or less (most of the time 1% in march)... I really think April NPD charts will be HUGE !!! 

Probably we have a new record - 22%

fabinou said:
kber81 said:
wow !! I have never seen this before ! I'have been "tracking" itrackr.com since almost 2 months and I have always seen Wii at 13% or less (most of the time 1% in march)... I really think April NPD charts will be HUGE !!!

either april NPD is huge or it's lame because wii are available and no one wants this fad anymore (i'm doing the kwaad and hus part...). I guess the only good thing for sure is that pretty soon, we'll be sure of the trend for the wii.

Ok, now I am starting to get pissed off here, reading all this nice news that Wii is availible in USA. I did think that at least some shops in Sweden would have gotten some Wii. Nope not a single one do I see online, can't Nintendo deliver sone I might go for the nice xbox360 bundle one of the shop had (3 games + a xbox360 premium, only costed 1000 SEK more than the Wii). (Wii goes for ~2700 SEK, xbox360 ~3200 SEk and PS3 (with one game and one BR movie) ~6000 SEK).

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

here is a stupid idea I got whilst reading everyones posts. Maybe the reason nintendo are not increasing production so fast is because they want to keep the WOW factor longer. Make it seem like its selling out fast and that if its selling out it MUST BE A THING to have.

The point being a average person (non gamer) goes into a store and always sees wii sold out signs. Then after a few trips of seeing wii sold out over a few months starts to wonder wtf is a Wii? It must be awesome if it is selling out all this time. Then they ask about it at the store and find out what it is.

Call me crazy if you must.