By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 vs. Reality: Can You Tell the Difference?

Goes to show how uninformed I am! I thought Gran Turismo was racing game... not a tourism simulator.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Good enough for me. I have racing photos from GT5 that are photo realistic as well. In March anyone will be able to see them with the new "Gran Turismo 5 Photo Stream" service. Keep up the good work PD.

I want to see a tree comparison!

PGR4 - THE Racing simulator!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

Nice, I never knew Quebec City was included in a racing game! That being said, the real pics look much better than the game version

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

it's amazing at 6"x4" snapshots but view these on 55" TV lol

TruckOSaurus said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Nice, I never knew Quebec City was included in a racing game! That being said, the real pics look much better than the game version

True but they are at least actual scenes from the in-game tracks. Man PGR4 was surely underrated. Obviously the cars looked a bit like plastic toys but hey that games is hella old ;). I wish there was a PGR5 :(

Anyway back on topic. The ones that look more flat are GT5 pics. I like these scenes, I really do, but there simply not in-game. Well at least nothing you could see while driving on the track :)

Sometimes they look a bit uncanny though. Like copied from a photo and pasted on the walls (thus a bit flat)