By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 38 - Portal Theme

Vote: morenoingrato

Stefl's post still makes me think he believed the game would be mostly test subjects, and since there are only 3 PC it would point towards extra test subjects. However, he's voted moreno and asked for a nameclaim, which means he has one too.

prof and MG are both saying human =/= random test subject.

Seems pretty obvious. More votes people, but no hammering until Wonk has weighed in as well.

Around the Network

Im not saying that test subjects arent random.
Im saying humans arent randomly named " hman test subject 5", according to my hypothesis.
maybe thats what youre trying to say linkz but i think its important to point the distinction.

Test subjects could be turret, or cake etc, if we want to hypothesize on what we thinl so far. But i dont think there is human #5.

No moreno i didnt try to make it sound like you were lying, i tried to catch you in a lie. Theres a difference.
The first is meant to gain momentum on a vote and the latter is meant to hit too close to home and makeyou defensive.
right now im still trying to figure out whether or not your behavior was defensive. Im a little distracted by your unnamed human claim to really focus on it, but your revenge attitude does peg you as being defensive imo.

Also, if youre unnamed and according to what i said, believe that im named, why would your first inclination be to counter attack me and auto assume im mafia?
In your own words, im either power role or mafia, so you claim.
later you say youre either named or lying, and if youre lying youre mafia.
Two things:
Now you think im lying about being named.
You rule out that i could be cave, a non-lying mafia.
What that says to me is that for whatever reason, you think a human cant be mafia, if i read this correctly.

Its also interesting in that you cant even fathom how an unnamed human claim comes off as suspicious when you yourself said that someone pretending to be human (lying) is likely mafia.

theprof00 said:
Im not saying that test subjects arent random.
Im saying humans arent randomly named " hman test subject 5", according to my hypothesis.
maybe thats what youre trying to say linkz but i think its important to point the distinction.

Test subjects could be turret, or cake etc, if we want to hypothesize on what we thinl so far. But i dont think there is human #5.

That's how I interpreted what you're saying, and I believe it's what Stefl and MG are implicating as well.

According to the flavor we're "test subjects #232 to 241" but my role PM doesn't say "machine test subject #".

Around the Network

I don't like getting so meta with the flavor. I would like to point out that there was a character Mel before they when for two machines for the co op. However that doesn't mean as much since he claimed random human test. I do find that less likely.

morenoingrato said:
Well, I wanted to analyze possible Mafia characters, but I didn't want townies or power roles to accidentally reveal themselves with a dangerous claim.

so you though human machine or other was dangerous?

Very well:

Unvote radishhead

I voted him because he has been seeming to improve over the last few games IMO, and though he could have been backsliding it was enough for a vote considering it was Day 1 when there usually is less of a threshold to meet before voting someone, if you're going to vote someone at all. But whatever, I don't feel strongly that he's mafia, I just thought it plausible enough to justify a Day 1 vote.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

There are two people claiming to be unnamed humans? Seems a bit fishy.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
I can only think of about 4 human characters in the Portal series, and 1 of them would almost certainly be a bad guy.

Cave?