By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Which one will end first? Linsanity or Tebowmania?

Lin or Tebow, which one will fall first?

Lin 11 23.91%

Tebow 23 50.00%

Neither 3 6.52%

I just wanna see the results. 9 19.57%

Total:46
superchunk said:
They'll end the same... first round of playoffs.

but tebow made it passed the first round...

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
Who... is Jeremy Lin?

He is currently the most popular player of the New York Rangers.

Oh... I still don't know who he really is. Is that a basketball team?

No baseball.

RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
Who... is Jeremy Lin?

He is currently the most popular player of the New York Rangers.

Oh... I still don't know who he really is. Is that a basketball team?

Yup, kinda like the Miami Dolphins.

I'm not that stupid in Sports.

I heard a decent line that Lin's role model is Tim Tebow, because Tebow is so great at the bounce pass.

osamanobama said:
superchunk said:
They'll end the same... first round of playoffs.

but tebow made it passed the first round...

See, I already started forgetting everything about him.

Around the Network
Marks said:
I heard a decent line that Lin's role model is Tim Tebow, because Tebow is so great at the bounce pass.

LOL!!

toadslayer72 said:

Lol, good one, the Mets.

Tim Tebow rose from nowhere? Seriously? Heisman trophy winner, played on two national championship teams in the SEC? Really.....nowhere? C'mon. I mean I like Tebow as a person, he seems like a really good dude and I am rooting for him all day. His hardcore fans on the other hand have become so annoying, always looking for someone that they can say is hating on him when he himself could probably give two shits. Jeremy Lin is leagues better than Tebow at playing their positions. Tebow has relied on so many flukie things for so a few of those Ws.....58 yrd. field goal and shit. Meanwhile Lin is actually making his teammates better. Lin's hype is first and foremost centered around skill where Tebow's seems more about him just being popular....because he was already super popular for being a great college QB in the hardest division in the country. I also think that the Christian thing going for Tebow is larger than Lin's Asian thing. I think Lin is better and will last longer playing at a higher level.

That being said, I think Lin's mania will fade first because people will see he's actually really skilled and it won't be a big surprise anymore.

I understand that Tebow didn't literally "start from nowhere", but Heisman trophies, and standout careers in college don't always translate into billion dollar endorsements, and Super Bowl rings , just ask Matt Leinart, and Jamarcus Russel who, for all intents and purposes, are huge busts in the NFL. Before this year, Tebow didn't have much to his name in the NFL, anyway, I think I've made my point. 

OT: I agree with you on Lin. Years from now, he will be your average superstar, without the "flash" factor, and until Tebow learns how to throw, he'll sink lower and lower until Tebowmania ends. 

lol Tim Tebow will stay around to the massive popularity of Tebowing...

IamAwsome said:
toadslayer72 said:

Lol, good one, the Mets.

Tim Tebow rose from nowhere? Seriously? Heisman trophy winner, played on two national championship teams in the SEC? Really.....nowhere? C'mon. I mean I like Tebow as a person, he seems like a really good dude and I am rooting for him all day. His hardcore fans on the other hand have become so annoying, always looking for someone that they can say is hating on him when he himself could probably give two shits. Jeremy Lin is leagues better than Tebow at playing their positions. Tebow has relied on so many flukie things for so a few of those Ws.....58 yrd. field goal and shit. Meanwhile Lin is actually making his teammates better. Lin's hype is first and foremost centered around skill where Tebow's seems more about him just being popular....because he was already super popular for being a great college QB in the hardest division in the country. I also think that the Christian thing going for Tebow is larger than Lin's Asian thing. I think Lin is better and will last longer playing at a higher level.

That being said, I think Lin's mania will fade first because people will see he's actually really skilled and it won't be a big surprise anymore.

I understand that Tebow didn't literally "start from nowhere", but Heisman trophies, and standout careers in college don't always translate into billion dollar endorsements, and Super Bowl rings , just ask Matt Leinart, and Jamarcus Russel who, for all intents and purposes, are huge busts in the NFL. Before this year, Tebow didn't have much to his name in the NFL, anyway, I think I've made my point. 

OT: I agree with you on Lin. Years from now, he will be your average superstar, without the "flash" factor, and until Tebow learns how to throw, he'll sink lower and lower until Tebowmania ends. 

I get all of that. It's just the way it's worded makes it sound like no one knew who the hell Tebow was before he got into the NFL. I think he actually led the leauge in jersey sales before he even took a snap as a starter.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Well, I honestly didn't know who Jeremy Lin was before this thread, as I don't follow basketball, but I'd say that Tebowmania has the potential to last a long time if (and only if) we see a great improvement this next season that continues on for years. If he doesn't improve, he'll probably just fade away within a season or two.

With a full off season for him to work on improving his throwing and everything else he needs to fix, we'll get a much better idea of how good he can actually be. He's got a great attitude, sure, but we'll see if that translates into actual improvement in his game. That said, I hope he does succeed, cause this last season was very exciting and fun to watch as a long time Broncos fan.