Forums - Gaming Discussion - The VGChartz Ranking Game -- Xenoblade Chronicles - Results!

Xenoblade Chronicles is...

the Best Game Ever! 8 11.43%
 
the Best Game of 2011! 13 18.57%
 
the Best Wii Exclusive of 2011! 14 20.00%
 
a great game! 6 8.57%
 
a good game! 1 1.43%
 
a rental 0 0.00%
 
meh 4 5.71%
 
a bad game 3 4.29%
 
...? How would I know? I'm from NA. 20 28.57%
 
the worst game of all tim... 1 1.43%
 
Total:70
ishiki said:

*Probably shouldn't count my rating*

I've only played it 20 hours. I'd give it an 8.5 so far. Close to a 9, might get there depending on how I like the 2nd half. In order to get a 9 it has to smack move over the head with wow, ZOMG this is amazing, and aside from the environments it hasn't done that yet. It's a great game.
Good Characters
Good Story
Good Combat System
Great Sountrack
Humongous and beautiful enviornments and towns. I don't think I've really seen any game this huge in a JRPG. Maybe, DQ8, FF12. Maybe I'm just delusional. I'm using dolphin so the environments are spectacular.

It's the best Xeno-game. with probably my least favorite story of them all imo. Xenogears, Xenosaga 1-3, other than maybe xenosaga 2. But, it's gameplay is leagues better than any of them imo.

The only things that really sticks out as a negative. Is their battlechants are quite more annoying than usual.
And my other complaint with pretty much every JRPG in general other than Demon Soul's or SMT games. It's too easy. But I heard it's more difficult later.

I generally don't like writing reviews until I've beat or at least experienced a great chunk of the game. I'm sure 20 hours is a good amount of time to get in tune with the game, seeing the technical side (graphics/sound/presentation), getting into the rhythm of the combat system, experiencing some of the side crafting/collecting elements, meeting most of the major characters and getting to know them a bit. The only thing that you really can't fully judge would be the story and maybe some of the variety in environments. With that, I'll leave it to you whether your score should be counted as you know your comfort level with titles better than I do. In my perspective I'd say you've seen and done enough in the game to warrant a proper opinion.

EDIT: Oh and the last poll option should read "The worst game of all time.... until it's released in NA" and I'm the one who has voted for it



Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

I generally don't like writing reviews until I've beat or at least experienced a great chunk of the game. I'm sure 20 hours is a good amount of time to get in tune with the game, seeing the technical side (graphics/sound/presentation), getting into the rhythm of the combat system, experiencing some of the side crafting/collecting elements, meeting most of the major characters and getting to know them a bit. The only thing that you really can't fully judge would be the story and maybe some of the variety in environments. With that, I'll leave it to you whether your score should be counted as you know your comfort level with titles better than I do. In my perspective I'd say you've seen and done enough in the game to warrant a proper opinion.

EDIT: Oh and the last poll option should read "The worst game of all time.... until it's released in NA" and I'm the one who has voted for it

I'd not count mine unless you need it for the 10th score haha, not that it makes a big difference because my score, is close to what everyone else gave it.

But I've played games, particularly JRPG's where like you said the story could pick up significantly or run out of steam.



I haven't played and I don't really know what it's about but it looks like another Lost Odyssey. I'll just use my impressions of that game for this game.

Looks good, music is beautiful. It's the kind of RPG you don't see a lot of these days. No crazy gimmicks, just good solid gameplay. The story is everything I could have hoped for. Also, that one chick is really hot. That's always a bonus in my book. What's up with that skimpy outfit!? There was a pretty sad part that made me realize how serious the story was. When that bad guy/girl was finally defeated, I felt like I had truly accomplished something. The characters I had at the beginning had grown so much and learned to work together. I have to give this game a 9.5/10......whenever I play it. Is it out in the U.S., now?



mZuzek loves to pre-order

10/10 from me and the best RPG of the 21st century.

Everything (apart from maybe the character models) is superb. The Battle system is one of the favourites in any game, the soundtrack is amazing, the story is very good, both sets of voice acting are surprisingly good (the English less so). I can't find a way to fault this game, if you are into RPGs, I think this game is a must buy.




ishiki said:

I'd not count mine unless you need it for the 10th score haha, not that it makes a big difference because my score, is close to what everyone else gave it.

But I've played games, particularly JRPG's where like you said the story could pick up significantly or run out of steam.

At this rate I think I'll need to include your score



Around the Network

Sadly, I haven't played it yet. I'm just here to bump it because it deserves it! ^_^



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

9.6

for me it's the greatest JRPG since Skies of Arcadia and definitely one of my favourites jrpg ever. everything, from game mechanics, battle system, exploration, to music, atmosfere, even story (the last few hours are amazing) and graphics (for a wii title) is outstanding.



 

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

 

I am tempted to lower my score by 0.5 points, because the last trophy has a ridiculous requirement. Unless it's only a matter of minutes rather than hours to have done some certain stuff 2,000 times, I will not 100 % complete this game before moving on to The Last Story which could arrive tomorrow.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

d21lewis said:
I haven't played and I don't really know what it's about but it looks like another Lost Odyssey. I'll just use my impressions of that game for this game.

Looks good, music is beautiful. It's the kind of RPG you don't see a lot of these days. No crazy gimmicks, just good solid gameplay. The story is everything I could have hoped for. Also, that one chick is really hot. That's always a bonus in my book. What's up with that skimpy outfit!? There was a pretty sad part that made me realize how serious the story was. When that bad guy/girl was finally defeated, I felt like I had truly accomplished something. The characters I had at the beginning had grown so much and learned to work together. I have to give this game a 9.5/10......whenever I play it. Is it out in the U.S., now?


Shockingly, this sounds very accurate.

Anyway, I give it a 9.2 and agree with what Rol said basically. But, he left out one major flaw: finding NPCs for quests.

The affinity chart isn't really that well organized, and it's sometimes a little hard to find NPCs on it. The big problem with it though is that the chart doesn't tell you where specifically to find NPCs in a town. It just says "Colony 9" or something, but where? Each area has landmarks, they couldn't tell you which landmark that NPC is at at the times they're available? The towns are pretty big...

Hell, you wouldn't even necessarily have to look at the jumbled affinity chart if they added some changes. They should've told you what landmark the NPC who gave you the quest and the times they're available is on the quest screen when you select each particular quest, and they should tell you where to find the NPC you have to find for the quest as well as the times. This would also be helpful for monster hunting quests, whether it's to hunt a unique monster or trying to farm items from a monster. Just tell me where I can find them. This would be a lot better than looking at a FAQ all the time.

I also wish the game had more than 3 saves.




trasharmdsister12 said:

ishiki said:

I'd not count mine unless you need it for the 10th score haha, not that it makes a big difference because my score, is close to what everyone else gave it.

But I've played games, particularly JRPG's where like you said the story could pick up significantly or run out of steam.

At this rate I think I'll need to include your score

If you want I can rate the box art and you can add that score if we don't get to 10 total.