By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario is to blame for Nintendo's financial troubles?

Tagged games:

Is he?

Yes 25 9.96%

No 187 74.50%

Possibly 18 7.17%

See results 20 7.97%

Total:250

I love Mario Strikers Charged....!!
Mario is not to blame for Nintendo's "Troubles"....
They are doing great Wii, DS and 3DS sales right now..
Mario is the reason other companies are playing catch up to Nintendo....

Around the Network
h2o1977 said:
I love Mario Strikers Charged....!!
Mario is not to blame for Nintendo's "Troubles"....
They are doing great Wii, DS and 3DS sales right now..
Mario is the reason other companies are playing catch up to Nintendo....

Exactly how are Wii and DS doing great?

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Galaki said:
Yes, he's mostly to blame for all the profit Nintendo made for over 2 decades.

really

not like Mario Kart sold 30m on Wii alone

He was being sarcastic; he is Galaki...

I doubt it, all Nintendo need to do is release 2.5D Mario games to gain more money. If your talking about innovation then I guess they're lacking it a bit.

RoskiGBCND said:

I doubt it, all Nintendo need to do is release 2.5D Mario games to gain more money. If your talking about innovation then I guess they're lacking it a bit.

As of recent, yes. They probably pushed all efforts forward to the Wii U, as the Wii evidently is left to die.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
RoskiGBCND said:

As of recent, yes. They probably pushed all efforts forward to the Wii U, as the Wii evidently is left to die.

Reggie said they would keep on supporting the Wii....

I hope Reggie was drunk or something when he said that though.

NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
RoskiGBCND said:

Hmm... He probably pulled the classic "only tell half the truth, because then you still haven't lied".

Supporting the console = Keep selling hardware, accessories and existing software (plus new software from companies stupid enough to keep supporting the dead console). The move from Wii to Wii U may go even faster than the DS/3DS move.

I'm still not ruling out that he might have been drunk though

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
NintendoPie said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
RoskiGBCND said:

Hmm... He probably pulled the classic "only tell half the truth, because then you still haven't lied".

Supporting the console = Keep selling hardware, accessories and existing software (plus new software from companies stupid enough to keep supporting the dead console). The move from Wii to Wii U may go even faster than the DS/3DS move.

I'm still not ruling out that he might have been drunk though

@bolded, I hope so because it is taking forever in the US to happen. 

@Rol no I never said 2D Mario had no strategic vale quite the opposite. I suggested you aren't thinking of its strategic value when calling for.it to be a launch title and getting upset at the release of 3D/2D Mario. Your allowing your personal desire for another New Super Mario Bros to cloud your judgement.

Also please note I have not said Mario should not appear within The first year, I am only suggesting he is absent for the first six months. Using his release as a weapon rather then simply shooting it off.

It seems when people talk about what games Nintendo should release they only think about games they personally want released. Not what games would he best from a business strategic point of view. Heck I'll play along Nintendo needs Donkey Konga day one or The WiiU will fail Battalion Wars is another must, heck 3DS failed at launch because Advance Wars 3D Tactics wasn't a launch title.

Also anyone know why my spell check keeps turning the into Tue or Jew keeps popping up. Its very annoying!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I know that was aimed at Rol, but do you really think that a game who's GBA version sold better than the DS version (less than 600,000 life to date) would have saved the launch of a 250$ handheld, or did I perhaps miss your irony?

And this quote: "It seems when people talk about what games Nintendo should release they only think about games they personally want released. Not what games would he best from a business strategic point of view." seems to be the wrong way around. People, just like myself, would generally prefer games of interest for one self rather than the masses. And from a business strategic point of view, Mario (the safe choice) or a killer app (the risky choise with higher and lower potential) would obviously be the best choice, not
As for the auto-correct issue; sorry, I have no idea how to fix that :P