By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which is better? Bill Nye the Science Guy, Beakman's World or MythBusters?

Which one do you like the most?

Bill Nye the Science Guy 18 41.86%

Beakman's World 5 11.63%

MythBusters 20 46.51%

Total:43

Just thought it would be neat to pit these science shows against each other.  Some might not even know of Bill Nye but everyone that is around mid to late 20s or so probably does.  He had some pretty cool experiments and even had kids on the show that demonstrated how to do simple yet cool science experiments. 

I actually thought Lester the Rat from Beakman's World was on Bill Nye.  I suppose it has been awhile....  I was then quickly corrected that this crazy character was actually apart of another science show called Beakman's World.  I have seen a decent amount of both shows but somehow got confused there...

I don't even need to explain MythBusters since everyone has seen that show.

To dwell into the topic of educating the youth in science do you believe MythBusters should have an offshoot more directed at kids (kind of like Bill Nye having kids show you how to do experiments that you can actually do).  It would be nice if there was a show that engaged kids more into science like Bill Nye did since technically MythBusters does a lot of things that they say you shouldn't do.

Around the Network

I vote Mythbusters. Mythbusters had Kari Byron and I love Kari Byron. Oh and the explosions are always cool.

By the way, Kari Byron has a spin off called Head Rush that is more kid focused and explains science stuff with short experiments.

But what about Beakman's' World? I used to watch that show every Saturday morning. Lester the rat was hilarious.

kain_kusanagi said:

But what about Beakman's' World? I used to watch that show every Saturday morning. Lester the rat was hilarious.

I actually had to google to remember.  The name sounded familiar then I just realized I confused Beakman's World with Bill Nye.  Lol pretty damn good merge though huh?   You could pretty much throw that rat anywhere.  I'll edit the poll and thread to include Beakman's World.

I think Bill Nye was better at explaining scientific concepts, but Mythbusters creates actual trust in the method, despite its faults.

That said...

BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
I think Bill Nye was better at explaining scientific concepts, but Mythbusters creates actual trust in the method, despite its faults.

That said...

BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!

Around the Network

Mythbusters for the win.

kain_kusanagi said:

Mythbusters for the win.

Boobs are science.

Lester was pimp!

Bill Nye is the only one that has the credentials to be a science guy.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Rafux said:
Lester was pimp!

A fat pimp.  On a sad note I was looking at images of him and saw this old story on his death...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/12/arts/television/12ritts.html