Skyrim what? 5 12.82%

It was totally awesome. 4 10.26%

Solid game. 3 7.69%

Disappointment. 0 0%

EXTREME disappointment. 0 0%

What is this? 11 28.21%

Total:39

I'm feeling very sick right now, so I'll keep this short and sweet. ^_^

Let me just say that I actually spent a whole day playing this game. One gaming session and 13 hours later, I sat back and was wowed as the credits sped by. This isn't just an incredible comic book game, but an incredible video game... on of this generations best. I loved this game so much that it's going to be a day one purchase with my Wii U this holiday season.

Sure, there's a couple issues, but they're miniscule compared to the grandiose experiences of Arkham City...the game is superb and improves on an already incredible game. Thumbs up to RockSteady... this, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Pokemon Black/White were my gaming tri-fecta of 2011.

Oh... and you punch a shark in the face.

10/10 (Masterpiece)

Around the Network

8/10

Great game but not as good as AA. I'm not too happy about the expanded "open world/sandbox" feel. Call me boring :P.

Aldro said:
8/10

Great game but not as good as AA. I'm not too happy about the expanded "open world/sandbox" feel. Call me boring :P.

Agree with you on that.

But still  wanna be Batman nanananananananananana Batmaaaan.

Skyrim what?? *Like that :)*

No seriously best game of 2011, even a little bit better than UC3 but just a little bit.

Excellent, excellent game, but I thought that Arkham Asylum had a more concrete sense of progression, the way that new gadgets allowed you to explore new areas. Arkham City was better in a lot of ways, but I liked the construction of Arkham Asylum more.

Khuutra said:
Excellent, excellent game, but I thought that Arkham Asylum had a more concrete sense of progression, the way that new gadgets allowed you to explore new areas. Arkham City was better in a lot of ways, but I liked the construction of Arkham Asylum more.

That and the Scarecrow sections were what I missed the most from Arkham Asylum.

Other than that, Arkham City pretty much set the new standard. Still, both games are incredible. Love 'em both.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Khuutra said:

That and the Scarecrow sections were what I missed the most from Arkham Asylum.

Other than that, Arkham City pretty much set the new standard. Still, both games are incredible. Love 'em both.

Yeah, Arkham City was better in quite a lot of ways! But Arkham Asylum was basically Metroid, Batman-style, and that counts for a lot.

Khuutra said:

Yeah, Arkham City was better in quite a lot of ways! But Arkham Asylum was basically Metroid, Batman-style, and that counts for a lot.

Indeed indeed *smokes bubble pipe*

I'm pretty stoked for the next one. Looks like Scarecrow is going to have a pretty big part to play. Hopefully Two-Face will have a bigger role to play as well.

Smeags said:
Khuutra said:

Indeed indeed *smokes bubble pipe*

I'm pretty stoked for the next one. Looks like Scarecrow is going to have a pretty big part to play. Hopefully Two-Face will have a bigger role to play as well.

Wait there's actual info on the next one?

Khuutra said:

Wait there's actual info on the next one?

Eh... just little hints in Arkham City. Nothing official.

I forget how to do spoiler tags, but I'm sure you've seen the little hints throughout the game.

I thought Arkham City was way better than Asylum in terms of gameplay, but AA had better atmosphere and did a better job building up the villain (imo). AA focused mainly on Joker, while AC had you battling Penguin, Mr Freeze, etc without much buildup. Still, it was a fantastic game, and possibly my favorite game of 2011. And the best thing about AC is that it did nothing to piss me off.

Good:

• Simple but solid combat with a nice variety of gadgets and improvements over its predecessor.
  • Gliding through the city is incredibly fun and definitely makes you feel like Batman
  • Lots of replay value: side-missions and riddler challenges
  • Riddler's puzzle challenges were pretty nice and did a well job shaping his character.
  • Great story, particularly the second half.

Bad:

• Story/villains felt kind of rushed in the beginning. You go from battling one villain to the next with very little buildup.

Score: 9.5/10

As for suggestions, Deus Ex, Catherine and Resistance 3.