GOTY!! 16 41.03%

Skyrim what? 5 12.82%

It was totally awesome. 4 10.26%

Solid game. 3 7.69%

Disappointment. 0 0%

EXTREME disappointment. 0 0%

What is this? 11 28.21%

Total:39

I think it's very similar to Arkham Asylum, which I really enjoyed playing, but it didn't blow me away.
I LOVE the Freeflow combo system, it has cool gadgets which make the gameplay very varied.
But somehow, it doesn't manage to fascinate me like other (few) games do.
Plus, the ending was really weak and disappointing.

Score: 8/10

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

9.2/10 - SOLID GAME!

- The game is similar to Arkham Asylum (somethings better others worst - so overall 0.1 better in score).
- So much villains with no focus.
- You need the DLC to Platinum the game (bullshit).

Overall I'm loving the game (38% completed) like the previous one (I guess I enjoyed more).

I didn't enjoy this game as much as I'd expected to. I didn't play Asylum, as I lacked a PC that could play it at the time, but I thought a high-budget batman really couldn't go wrong.

I can't properly point out what the problem was, but I never actually enjoyed playing the game.

Score: 7.5.

KylieDog said:

Inferior to Asylum.

The story is a bit of a mess, tried to include too many villains and as a result there is never any real big threat, not even the Joker gives one off like in Asylum since the poisoned threat only gets worse along the main story, "A few hours to live" but I can spend the next 5 hours finding riddler challenges and be healthy and fine.

Speaking of Riddler challenges, while in Asylum they were fun, here they are just an annoying collectable scattered everywhere so you're constantly tripping over them, is no fun to looking for them in this game.

Lastly the combat takes a dive, while tecnically identical to Asylum or as good as, the environements are completely different, barely any indoors areas, stealth has few opportunities and if you're ever in trouble in city fights you can just grapple far away to safety, making the enemies no threat and just an annoyance. Asylum trapped you with enemies more often then not.

Also a lot of the game is just fetch quests, probably to try and force you to use the entire city and glide about, would have been better in a smaller more contained environment.

Edit: I forgot that Catwoman online pass bullshit that means offline people cannot access it so its like it is missing from game even though it is 100% single player. Lowering score heavily for that.

Overall: 5

Score should reflect the quality of the game. Dropping it heavily for lacking a few missions is stupid.

Jay520 said:
KylieDog said:

Inferior to Asylum.

The story is a bit of a mess, tried to include too many villains and as a result there is never any real big threat, not even the Joker gives one off like in Asylum since the poisoned threat only gets worse along the main story, "A few hours to live" but I can spend the next 5 hours finding riddler challenges and be healthy and fine.

Speaking of Riddler challenges, while in Asylum they were fun, here they are just an annoying collectable scattered everywhere so you're constantly tripping over them, is no fun to looking for them in this game.

Lastly the combat takes a dive, while tecnically identical to Asylum or as good as, the environements are completely different, barely any indoors areas, stealth has few opportunities and if you're ever in trouble in city fights you can just grapple far away to safety, making the enemies no threat and just an annoyance. Asylum trapped you with enemies more often then not.

Also a lot of the game is just fetch quests, probably to try and force you to use the entire city and glide about, would have been better in a smaller more contained environment.

Edit: I forgot that Catwoman online pass bullshit that means offline people cannot access it so its like it is missing from game even though it is 100% single player. Lowering score heavily for that.

Score should reflect the quality of the game. Dropping it heavily for lacking a few missions is stupid.

I agree with almost all points here.

- Too similar to AA.
- Too many villains (no focus).
- Joker is better in AA.
- Riddler challenges are better in AA.
- Bullshit DLC to do 100% in the game.

But I give it a score near AA.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
KylieDog said:

Inferior to Asylum.

It's his opinion so I personally can't fault him for putting more weight on certain things and less weigh on others.  I just wonder if he even enjoys gaming these days.  He's an equal opportunity hater!

With that said, Kylie, let me know when you want to play some raid mode in RE: Revelaitons!  I mean it!

ethomaz said:
Jay520 said:
KylieDog said:

Inferior to Asylum.

I agree with almost all points here.

- Too similar to AA.
- Too many villains (no focus).
- Joker is better in AA.
- Riddler challenges are better in AA.
- Bullshit DLC to do 100% in the game.

But I give it a score near AA.

Yeah, I get that, but saying the game is dramatically worse because of a few missions makes no sense. I played the game first without the catwomen DLC, then played again with the DLC and there was hardly any difference in quality.

KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:

It's his opinion so I personally can't fault him for putting more weight on certain things and less weigh on others.  I just wonder if he even enjoys gaming these days.  He's an equal opportunity hater!

With that said, Kylie, let me know when you want to play some raid mode in RE: Revelaitons!  I mean it!

I enjoy lots of games.  I enjoyed Batman AC, I just do not rate it highly. Asylum I thought was near perfect, my only real criticisms of that would have been detective mode needing some restraining and too many boss fights being similar.

My partner left the 3DS at a friends a few days ago and she hasn't been back round to pick it up, I'll message you as soon as she does.

That's cool.  And  I don't know if we're friends or not but my wall is set up for "friends only".  I'll send you a request just in case you aren't so we can post on each other's walls.

KylieDog said:
Jay520 said:
KylieDog said:

Inferior to Asylum.

You should rate more than quality, is the overall package that counts which means everything.  Besides the quality of the Catwoman segments for offline people is reason to ask "Is this game broken".  It was heavily advertised content and for it to be missing from game for a lot of people will no doubt affect their opinion of the game negatively.  This isn't like it has a multiplayer mode, someone offline buying such a game would expect not to play that, the gameplay is 100% singleplayer and offline.

Alright, I'm not derail the thread any further. Just going to end saying that no one's going to complain about content that was advertised as dowlnloadable only.

I don't know why I have not played the game yet. Martin Tremblay at E3 2011 said it will be on the Wii U. I told myself that will be the best version, but I really don't know that. And if I rent the game I will break the thrill. Right now I feel like a loser.