By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Great, now because of that Knicks Win, I won't be able to watch Espn for the next 3 days...

Lin hit a game winner, thanks Lin for ruining my favorite show to watch in the morning. Yes he is decent but will they shut up with the same freakin story? Yes he is asian, yes he was undrafted, I don't really care after you've said over 100 million times. And this bloody game winner is gonna make it soooooooooo much worse. And the thing is, Kobe did the exact same thing like a few days ago, and much more impressive shot, and all people said was "is against the raptors, who cares" but now that lin does it, it's "oh my god amazing! Linsanity continues!11!!!!"

and these Lin puns are awful.

Around the Network

Va-Lin-tines Day

SUPER LINTENDO!!!!!

I think its amazing for Lin. Its best to try and ride the wave in a positive way. This is really the first time anything like this has happened in the NBA. Lin seems to be proving that he can do this, (if given the opportunity) on a nightly basis.
I know the anti-conformist in all of us wants to hate on him, but hes almost legit!
Couldn't have come at a better time for NY, things were looking bleak before this freak show came out of no-where.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

He's great, and being from NY I love him. But I agree that media in general these days is stupid.

It ruins the whole emotion behind cherishing a moment. I'd rather cherish it in my mind than be plastered with fake uplifting remarks and dialogues about his play all over the news.

The media these days tries to hard to cash in on every kind of success story. Besides I don't want them to jinx my Knicks. I'm with you, they shouldn't have a story for each game he wins. That being said I don't agree with the stupid remarks from Floyd Mayweather about how he's getting notoriety for being Asian.

Around the Network

I missed the game, but I just watched the recap. Lin is really balling and he deserves a lot of hype but I agree that he is getting way too much lol. He is legit though and it's too bad the Rockets chose to let him go.

Since basketball is my favorite sport it honestly doesn't bother me too much especially since ESPN talked up tim tebow forever.

Also...LINsane in the brain!! lol

He is balling in the company of Kobe, Jordan, Shaq, Larry Bird, and Allen Iverson. I do not care what race you are, you deserve all the freaking praise and media attention you can get when that is your company. Shit, if one of those guys were my company at the dinner table, I would hope to get some media attention.

I want some Lin-til loaf.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

As a native New Yorker, I hate the Knicks. I'm a Nets fan although I am not sure why. I was at the Knicks v. Nets game at the Garden when Lin just exploded onto the court out of nowhere. Needless to say the Linsanity irks me to no end.

This must be what it feels like to be a Jets fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

What Lin has been doing is great for the NBA. There have been lots of negative feedback coming this year, especially due to the lockout. Having a breakout star who is a) An underdog B) Leading a team that was supposed to be lead by Melo and Stoudemire and C) is a minor (Asian too) in the NBA is great for the sport. I'm willing to bet the NBA gained quite a few supporters this past week following all of the Lin hype. I'm also happy for the guy, he's so humble and (obviously) talented, but he was never given a chance. Now he's lighting it up against the greatest players in the world and I find watching basketball much more entertaining than before. I haven't enjoyed watching a team this much since the Lakers' 3-peat years.