By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Contains Metal Gear Online Starter Pack: DLC to Follow

MGS4 Contains Metal Gear Online Starter Pack: DLC to Follow

From an interview at CES 2008, where Kojima’s Playstation 3 offering is being demoed to a lucky few, comes the confirmed news that Metal Gear Online will be included with the purchase of the single player game, MGS4. It is, however, an online starter pack.

News has been flip flopping over whether Metal Gear Online will be included with MGS4, or whether it will be purchased separately. In an interview with Gamespot, Konami’s director of Konami, puts the rumours to rest. A Metal Gear Online starter pack will be included in the shipped MGS4 game.

They haven’t yet disclosed how many maps there will be in the pack, but “there will be an element of the online component within Metal Gear 4, to capture that online experience.”

What does this imply? Does this mean the fully featured Metal Gear Online will be available separately, where MGS4 owners will own a fraction of this? It’s my belief that MGS4 will be the sole way to purchase Metal Gear Online, where the starter pack will then be fleshed out throughout 2008, adding new maps through downloadable content. If this is the case, then it’s a pretty sweet deal.

Getting a Metal Gears Solid game and an online component that will be further supported, is a dream come true. If the fully featured Metal Gear Online was available separately from the get go, it would make Metal Gear fans buy two games instead of one.

Konami’s director supports my suspicions that Metal Gear Online will only be purchasable through MGS4 in her following statement: “Within the rest of the year we will be stragically providing content.”

Kojima’s MGS4 is set for release in Q2 of this year.  

Source: http://www.ripten.com/2008/01/09/mgs4-contains-metal-gear-online-starter-pack-dlc-to-follow/ 

Around the Network

Yeah, this makes sense. I didn't see them releasing a full content MGO with MGS4

if the online is good id probably get both

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

@Bonafide732 & Stats87

The game is being sold together at launch as a Starter Pack. It will include MGS4 and MGS Online.

lol oh

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

good i thought they would release em seperately

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@brute

Then the game wouldn't be successful. But sense they are adding the game together with MGS4 at launch it's going to do pretty well sense more than likely users are going to play it online.

I was extremely confused when I first heard they were going to release the main game and the online version separately. Since when has that been acceptable? Good to see they've come to their senses.

yea thank god

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Great, but didnt they say MGO was going to 360?

mM