By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sony cashing in on Whitney Houston's death

Raido said:
Silver-Tiger said:
As if Sony would be the only ones cashing in on dead artists..

As if this makes anything better..

I didn't say that, it's still terrible. I just don't like condemn a single company when everybody else does the same.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
vaio said:
theprof00 said:

Even the tree grows faster when it shades a fresh carcass.

What's so wrong about this? It's supply and demand. Should they be lowering the price? Keeping it the same? Lots of artists are worth more dead than alive. It's been this way for hundreds of years.

And seriously, you're going to pirate a dead-singers songs? Who out there is pirating Whitney Houston anyhow? Shouldn't they be pirating new games, and new albums? Dude, if someone never bought or hasn't already pirated Whitney, chances are her death is not going to bring the pirates about, that would imply that pirates have some kind of moral fiber.

welcome to the digital age

I don't know whether you're disputing how demand works, or simply nitpicking semantics.

You find the price based on how many people are going to buy something versus how much it costs you to distribute. With a cost as negligible as digital distribution, demand is still in effect.

Probably Sony killed her, crack is wack!

Really a shame that some of you are using this as an opportunity to take shots at someone that just died. You're demonstrating one of the worse aspects of the internet.

OT: While not cool, it doesn't surprise me that a business would take advantage of this opportunity. Sad little world we live in ...

i suppose the right move would be refusing to sell her Albums from now on ?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

next stop: George Michael

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

theprof00 said:

Tupac released twice as many albums after death than while alive. Most of those songs were fucking garbage too. Like, really really garbage.

Yea I know. Also a total disgrace. Labels and people will always try and justify it but it's pretty ridiculous. You can't help but wonder how the artist themself would feel about it. Especially since in many cases they are songs that the artist had recorded but decided not to put on an album etc. 

Either way I think raising the price of an album is a relatively minor thing compared to what has been done before. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

who cares? Sony has every right to charge whatever they want. Don't like it? Don't but it. Simple.

And if you really were a Houston fan, wouldn't you OWN this crap already.

Nonsense.

Monument Games, Inc.  Like us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/MonumentGames

Nintendo Netword ID: kanageddaamen

Monument Games, Inc President and Lead Designer
Featured Game: Shiftyx (Android) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.Shiftyx

Free ad supported version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MonumentGames.ShiftyxFree

the problem is not companies... its the people... why we only get conscious about someone after their death? if we didn't do this companies wouldn't have more demand for their album, wouldn't have any reason to get the price up... we do this, they take advantage, not of the person who died, but of the suckers that only remember to buy their albums now that they are dead...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

guess they had to make money somewhere