By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

Starting to lighten up my positions in prevision of a pull back in the 4th quarter....( worried about the fiscal cliff if the senate/representant chambers make up remains the same).

Nothing drastic but I sold 25% of my Google holdings and 25% of my Bank of America...

Ideally I want to sell 25% of my Apple too but the stock has been sliding down and I know that one will recover so waiting..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:

Starting to lighten up my positions in prevision of a pull back in the 4th quarter....( worried about the fiscal cliff if the senate/representant chambers make up remains the same).

Nothing drastic but I sold 25% of my Google holdings and 25% of my Bank of America...

Ideally I want to sell 25% of my Apple too but the stock has been sliding down and I know that one will recover so waiting..

It looks like you're selling Ail. I'm not used to hearing that from you. Are you planning on buying in the short term?

happydolphin said:
Ail said:

It looks like you're selling Ail. I'm not used to hearing that from you. Are you planning on buying in the short term?

I'm not selling massively, just raising my cash position from 3% to something closer to 15% ( after today I am at 9%).

I won't be buying anything until the fiscal cliff/tax problem gets resolved so I will stay in cash. I've already beaten my objectives for 2012 so I'm fine sitting on cash until the start of 2013...

It was time to take some profit of Google anyway. It's near all time high and I've been holding the stock for over 1 year so I will only pay 15% taxes on my gains there..

Worse case if I get itchy I will put more into bonds funds . I am at 20% of my holdings in bonds so I could put more in it for the short term.

I've actually just rebalanced my 401k too and moved from 20% bonds to 30% bonds there....

I just have bad vibes about the Bush tax expiration if the same tea party guys stay in the House...

Ail said:

I'm not selling massively, just raising my cash position from 3% to something closer to 15% ( after today I am at 9%).

I won't be buying anything until the fiscal cliff/tax problem gets resolved so I will stay in cash. I've already beaten my objectives for 2012 so I'm fine sitting on cash until the start of 2013...

It was time to take some profit of Google anyway. It's near all time high and I've been holding the stock for over 1 year so I will only pay 15% taxes on my gains there..

Worse case if I get itchy I will put more into bonds funds . I am at 20% of my holdings in bonds so I could put more in it for the short term.

I wanted to ask you if you played options, and are you going to place your cash in mutual funds in the interim?

happydolphin said:
Ail said:

I wanted to ask you if you played options, and are you going to place your cash in mutual funds in the interim?

I don't do options, too risky.

i've always had some of my investments in mutual funds...

Half of my investments are in my 401k and that's all stocks and bonds funds..

And even in my broker account I own stock and bonds funds..

But no that cash is going to stay as cash or maybe go into more bonds funds..

Around the Network

Makes sense, Ail. You seem like a sound investor.

Well I sold all my Sprint today following the huge 16% bump.
I really wanted to keep them till February to pay long taxes on my gains but the opportunity was too good...

In the end the stock raised by 146% between the time I purchased it and sold it so that was darn good...

:O What caused the spike??

happydolphin said:
:O What caused the spike??

Buyout rumors

Ail said:
Well I sold all my Sprint today following the huge 16% bump.
I really wanted to keep them till February to pay long taxes on my gains but the opportunity was too good...

In the end the stock raised by 146% between the time I purchased it and sold it so that was darn good...

Awesome! Even though the softbank rumors are kinda flaky in my eyes, the stock has seen an impressive run.