By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
THQ falls or rises with Darksiders 2.

It's sales are like 0.62m in the database. Even if it's double that, it doesn't look good.

Good point, but how well did the first one do? Pretty much bang on track. If the first one tracked that way and they were satisfied, wouldn't the 2nd one also meet expectations?

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=Global&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=darksiders+%28X360%29+%5B25779%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=Darksiders+II+%28X360%29+%5B70582%5D&game%5B%5D=Darksiders+II+%28PS3%29+%5B70581%5D

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
THQ falls or rises with Darksiders 2.

It's sales are like 0.62m in the database. Even if it's double that, it doesn't look good.

Luckily THQ is doing its best to pull itself out of the AAAAAA trap, where selling 2 million units is a failure. I'm certain they're happy with the sales numbers for Darksiders 2 so far. Of course they'd be even happier with more sales, but the sales definitely do look good for the title when you put things into perspective (as happydolphin did).

spurgeonryan said:
It surprises me that devs were a lot of the time happy with even 500,000 in sales on the Wii. But here 2 million for THQ makes it hard for a profit. Just like big budget movies. Sometimes you over spend when something should have cost half as much.

For THQ, you need to be prepared. I just read part of the investor's handbook for this year's stockholder voting (whatever it is, there are a few items to vote on, like who is taking care of their stock management, Deloitte or something), and they said that they have decided to get completely rid of their licensing LOB (so they're done with most of their handheld and Wii casual games) and are now only focussing on core efforts, like Darksiders and Homefront, and their other franchises.

So, that's where they're headed, but good news is that now they have the guy from Naughty Dog to lead their development teams, so they are in a good direction, just not in good shape.

In the last 2 days of unveiling anticipation, the actual unveiling and general excitement and good outlook surrounding the WiiU, Nintendo's american stock NTDOY bounced up 7% in 2 days, going from 14 to 15 $ from Tuesday to market close today. The japanese 7974 counterpart also bounced up 7% in the past 2 days, but more gradually, going from 8600 Y to 9300 Y from Tuesday morning to EOD Thu (currently Market open Friday, but still flat).

Expect the numbers to ramp up from here on out, and to explode by next Christmas.

spurgeonryan said:
I sold all my stock yesterday. Needed the cash. Government did not pay me ontime. At least it went up like 50 cents before it went through!

Nintendo....

U got screwed over :(
Don't worry, I had to sell 1k worth last month to pay rent :3

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
spurgeonryan said:
I sold all my stock yesterday. Needed the cash. Government did not pay me ontime. At least it went up like 50 cents before it went through!

Nintendo....

U got screwed over :(
Don't worry, I had to sell 1k worth last month to pay rent :3

You had to sell stock to pay rent? Damn man give yourself more breathing room with your money! :P

wfz said:

You had to sell stock to pay rent? Damn man give yourself more breathing room with your money! :P

Lol, and that was taken from a margin of credit. What a stupid decision, I bet too soon. I saw NIntendo stock explode for the WiiU, but I bet it 4 months too early. :S

congrats to those who bought the nintendo stock, i was really thinking about it but went with Canon instead. Canon just happens to be up about the same amount. I have most of my money in gold and gold stocks and some other stuff. Made a lot of money lately but i think it would have been difficult to lose money over the last few weeks.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

happydolphin said:
wfz said:

Lol, and that was taken from a margin of credit. What a stupid decision, I bet too soon. I saw NIntendo stock explode for the WiiU, but I bet it 4 months too early. :S

why are you buying stocks on credit?  You better be careful, that's a recipe for disaster.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yes :) I had an entry point at 14.40$ for 400 shares. I think we will profit very much so in the coming months. I think the stock will double its value or at least to 20$ by years-end.