By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGStockz: General Questions

Train wreck said:
Ail said:
My idea to go to Bank of America is proving to be a very good one...
Only under performing stock I really have is EA and Nvidia and thankfully I sold half my Nvidia when the stock was at its peak and I'm still up there due to nice gains at the end of 2011...
Still I am loathe to sell my remaining Nvidia as the stock is kinda cheap right now..

I think EA is going to be treading water for a while, until at least their next earnings update.  SWOTR and its enoremous cost still, to me, is a black eye.

BAC was a nice pickup, stock was under 5 dollars at one point last year, crazy.  The stress test itself was a joke, youll be hard press to find a economy where all the aformention actions were to occur at once.  They still have issues with their mortgage loan portfolio, but the odd thing is, at least here in DC, the housing boom is back.  Alot of banks can start to list prime property and salavage a decent price on them.

Apple, what can i say, ill still avoid it and it may go to 1000 before crashing, but this is an unhealthy stock, not from a company standpoint, but from an investors standpoint.

Ive added to m Sony position after the mini setback last week.  The japanese government reiterated that the will continue to print money, which equals a weaker yen, which equals a normalization business for Sony.

TBH I am not really worried about EA. it represents 1.4% of my holdings so any move on the stock won't affect me that much...

I'm probably going to dump 1/3rd of my Apple if the stock hits 600$ too fast as the part of Apple in my overall portfollio is becoming too big and I don't want to live and die by Apple... ( Apple is like 15% of my portfollio and some of my mutual funds are heavy on Apple too so my overall share is probably 17-18%).

And yeah I missed buying Bank of America earlier when it was at 5$ but to be honest back then I bought Apple instead and it's up 50% since my purchase so I didn't really miss anything there...

PS : Warren Buffet warrants to buy 700 million BAC stock at 7.90$ each are already up 700 million$...

The man is a genius...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

And up up up goes Bank of America !!!
+15% since my purchase...

I think that a lot of people are loading up on BAC in that they want to be able to be shareholders of record when they announce their big dividend payout. They cant do it now but I can see a big payout sometime later in the year early next year.

Train wreck said:
I think that a lot of people are loading up on BAC in that they want to be able to be shareholders of record when they announce their big dividend payout. They cant do it now but I can see a big payout sometime later in the year early next year.

There won't be any dividend  increase this year.

The only reason BAC passed the stress test is that they had no plan to do dividends or buy backs.

Citigroup had such plans and they failed the stress test because of those and were told to cancel their plans by the Feds...

Besides Bank of America isn't sitting on such big pile of cash, even if they raise their dividend next year, at best it will go from 0.5% to 1.5 or 2% and there are plenty of companies with higher dividends and better dividends growth potentials than BAC ( like GE or Microsoft).

I think all the investors that fled the financials in 2011 are now coming back now that things are better and the Feds told everyone most of the banks were now solid...( remember the market overall was flat in 2011 but financials were down 20 to 50%, BAC was down 58% and 10% more in 2010).

And Bank of America is still down a lot  compared to its high of 2008, the stock will never get back to that price ( especially as they are 2.5 times more share outstanding than during the crisis  so if the stock went back to 50$ that would give them a market cap of 500 billion$ whereas their all time high was 206 billion$ in 2007) but I can see at some point Bank of America reaching a  market cap of around 160 billion$ or so which would be a share price of  14-15$ or so...Higher if they start buying back shares next year ( 10 billion shares outstanding, they could easilly buy back 500 millions share in 2012).

Heck I just looked and the market cap was 143 billion$ in early 2011 so getting back to that  seems at least reasonnable and that means a 40% more increase in the stock..

Anyway I got in at 8$ hoping for a 25% increase in 2012 but I will only sell if it gets past 16$ in 2012 which is doubtfull...( anything past 16$ in 2012 is just a new bubble waiting to burst).

Lol, Basing on the charts.. What is the opposite of Apple?

Orange? No.

Pear? No.

Sony? Yes.

Yay!!!

Around the Network

This is like the perfect storm out there.
Market is flat but
EA + 4.5%
Bank of America + 5.95% ( up 21% this week...)
Sprint +3.9%...

I think this was my best week ever compared to the S&P500...

Ail said:
Market is flat but
EA + 4.5%
Sprint +3.9%...

Congrats on your BAC pickup again, now sporting a 10 handle.  All financials are off to the races, and thats the group you want to lead the market higher

Train wreck said:
Ail said:
Market is flat but
EA + 4.5%
Sprint +3.9%...

Congrats on your BAC pickup again, now sporting a 10 handle.  All financials are off to the races, and thats the group you want to lead the market higher

Yep financials are probably the ones with the most upside this year.

If you look at others sectors some of the stocks are starting to become pricy or at least priced right..

Well BAC hit 10$ today and then retreated to 9.6 due to people taking profits and I took that opportunity to increase a little more my BAC position..

Thread Update

Hi guys, just a very brief logon here, I'm still not back I've got things to attend to (work + life atm). BUT, I still was able to log in and update the rankings. Also, here are today's numbers: